Welcome to my Talk page. To communicate with me, please use the + tab or click here to create a new section, give it a descriptive subject/headline, and sign all posts with --~~~~
Thanks! --John Navas 21:15, 10 October 2008 (UTC)
Remove www from www.wiki.example.com at first redirection while using subdomain 
- How to remove the www from www.wiki.example.com at first redirection while using subdomain?
I read your article about using subdomain for wiki. I had a problem with wiki's redirection: when I input wiki.example.com, it is accessing correctly /wiki/index.php, but then it is redirected to http://www.wiki.example.com/index.php?title=Main_Page - any way to control it to be http://wiki.example.com/index.php?title=Main_Page (without www.?) Many thanks.
--Primus 03:52, 27 February 2009 (UTC) <email@example.com>
- Response: This is probably a function of your hosting service rather than MediaWiki. On GoDaddy.com, the subdomain would be wiki.example.com, and www.wiki.example.com would not be valid; e.g.,
- wireless.navas.us → http://wireless.navas.us/wiki/Contents
- www.wireless.navas.us → Address Not Found
- Suggest you contact your hosting service about configuring your subdomain properly.
--John Navas 14:44, 27 February 2009 (UTC)
- p.s. Changed your Subject to be more descriptive than just "Help needed". Thanks.