I signed up to MediaWiki.org on 1 April 2006.
Contributed Fixes[edit | edit source]
I contributed fixes to the software regularly since March 2006 (first I've only contributed Hebrew language updates, then I started to suggest other fixes), although they were not always accpeted. On 19 June 2006, I was given an access to the Subversion reposity, and was able to directly commit fixes.
Commited Fixes[edit | edit source]
- Bug 2069 – Merge the LanguageUtf8 class into the Language class
- Bug 2773 – The print mode of page is not shown as RTL on RTL wikis.
- Bug 5357 – Add the icon near the user name also in RTL interfaces
- Bug 5387 – Block log items on RecentChanges don't make use of possible translations
- Bug 5409 – Don't show "show/hide patrolled edits" ("showhideminor") when patrolling is disabled
- Bug 5536 – Set "edithelppage" as a message used by the site language, not by the user's one
- Bug 5583 – Update the rollback message ("revertpage") in English
- Bug 5585 – Makesysop outputs a completely different log entry than Userrights
- Bug 5587 – Clean up the languages from references to the Groups special page
- Bug 5592 – Set the logs fixed text in Recent Changes as the site language, not the user's one
- Bug 5593 – Fix "Bureaucrat Log" to "Rights Log" everywhere, including the message names
- Bug 5724 – Add direction marks to stop some annoying problems
- Bug 5846 – Add an appropriate documentation page for each user group
- Bug 5849 – Remove some hard-coded "wikipedia"s in the system messages
- Bug 5970 – Need to login to upload files
- Bug 6015 – Add spacing in the boxes "edit is minor" and "watch this"
- Bug 6032 – Plural support for 'undelete_short' in SkinTemplate.php
- Bug 6168 – Inherit Yiddish localisation from Hebrew
- Bug 6174 – Remove redundant "emailforlost" message
- Bug 6184 – Links to the user pages are always blue (known) in the Undelete page
- Bug 6185 – Add talk, contribs and block links to the log page
- Bug 6189 – Show an error to an unprivilleged user trying to create account
Hebrew language updates[edit | edit source]
These bugs were used to update the Hebrew language regulary.
Main contributions[edit | edit source]
My main contributions to the software (full list):
- Making the Hebrew translation up-to-date.
- Enabling translations for the ParserFunctions, and all the extension Magic Words.
- Enabling translation for extension messages.
- Merging the language checking scripts to checkLanguage.php, which also checks for ignored messages, can display and various forms, etc.
- Creating the script rebuildLanguage.php, to rebuild and sort message files automatically.
User map in Wikimedia Foundation[edit | edit source]
ויקיספר (sysop, bureaucrat)