User:Rogerhc/Customizations to my MediaWiki 1.9.2
This page records my customizations to my MediaWiki instance at http://wikigogy.org as of 30 October 2010
- MediaWiki: 1.9.2
- PHP: 5.2.14 (litespeed)
- MySQL: 5.0.91-community-log
images/ dir holds all uploaded files in a labyrinthine dir structure
is where I comment out Skins tab in User Preferences. I also restrict skin choices to Monobook (standard) in LocalSettings.php.
renders the Search results page. I customized it as follows:
I lengthened the Search box from 60 to 136 characters:
#Roger changed the search box size from 60 to 136, below: htmlspecialchars( $term ) ."\" size=\"136\" />\n";
not in use 
A system message, suck as MediaWiki:Added-keyword, could be added it below the search box with:
#Roger added the next line to include Keywords for copy and paste into Search box $wgOut->addWikiText( wfMsg( 'added-keyword' ) );
System messages 
Site user-interface messages stored in the db
- MediaWiki:Allmessages shows with a green background my many changes to standard messages (standard as of MediaWiki 1.6.7 that I started Wikigogy.org with).
- #MediaWiki:Common.css is explained in Skin section below.
- Added MediaWiki messages -- lists new system messages I create, as long as I always name them like "MediaWiki:Added-...", e.g. MediaWiki:Added-keyword
MediaWiki:Common.css holds most main.css customizations now. This is a database "page", not a system file.
holds something still, to remind me to keep an eye on it -- I think the commenting out of logo padding actually (column-one styling).
- the page HTML title tag customization -- e.g. "Wikigogy, to share TEFL & TESL lesson plans"
- plain text logo replacement and sub-text
holds print styling
- chmod it for my eyes only
- Enable file uploads and list permitted file extentions (default in includes/DefaultSettings.php is just images)
- Short URL stuff (in collaboration with .htaccess)
- Skin choices restricted to Monobook (standard). I also remove the Skin tab from User Preferences in includes/SpecialPreferences.php
- Short URL stuff (in collaboration with LocalSettings.php)
- tells robots to skip index.php
- other robots stuff copied from Wikipedia's robots.txt