(Redirected from User:Qgil)
|Babel user information|
Task list[edit | edit source]
If it's not scalable, then it needs to be cloneable.
Regular tasks[edit | edit source]
- Volunteer coordination and outreach e.g. directing potential contributors to good destinations.
- MediaWiki activity in Social media channels and coordination with Wikimedia Social Media team.
- Support to MediaWiki groups, also helping the Wikimedia Affiliations Committee reviewing new proposals.
- Wikimedia org admin at Outreach Program for Women and other mentorship programs.
- Community metrics monthly reports.
Current 3 priorities[edit | edit source]
- Bootstrapping FOSS Outreach Program for Women - Round 7
- Wikimedia participation in Google Code-In ready by November.
- Hiring a doc writer temporary contractor.
Pushed by others[edit | edit source]
Tasks previously in my backlog that others have decided to push and I'm helping with.
Done[edit | edit source]
2013 4Q[edit | edit source]
- 2013-12-03: Possible Projects page updated, related Bugzilla reports linked (Google Code-in task by Vlad John)
- 2013-11-18: Wikimedia starts Google Code-in with 74 tasks and 13 mentors, from which 2 are org admins.
- 2013-11-15: Engineering Community team quarterly review successfully completed.
- 2013-11-13: Technical Writer - Contract - 3 Months (+) job opening published and promoted at wikitech-l, Twitter, Facebook, Google+.
- 2013-11-11: Fifteen candidates applied to Outreach Program for Women/Round 7
- 2013-11-06: Outreach Program for Women/Round 7 project ideas complete.
- 2013-10-25: Wikimedia application to Google Code-In. Successfuly accepted on November 1.
- 2013-10-23: Participation of top independent contributors at MediaWiki Architecture Summit.
- 2013-10-21: New lessons learned in mentorship programs documented.
- 2013-10-07: Wikis devroom @ FOSDEM: Call for participation.
- 2013-10-07: Recopilation of basic metrics of MediaWiki in Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and meetup.com.
- 2013-10-03: GSoC & FOSS OPW wrap-up presentation at the Wikimedia Metrics Meeting.
- 2013-10-02: Proposal for a Wiki devroom at FOSDEM accepted.
- 2013-10-01: Engineering Community Team/Meetings created, after agreeing on monthly ECT Showcase and Office Hours.
2013 3Q[edit | edit source]
(Sorry, I just got lousy with reporting here)
2013 2Q[edit | edit source]
- 2013-06-30: community metrics dashboard implemented by a contractor - contract approved.
- 2013-06-27: Browser test automation workshop in San Francisco.
- 2013-05-27: We selected 20 Google Summer of Code and 2 Outreach Program for Women projects that will be mentored by a total of 32 volunteers.
- 2013-05-13: Good times to volunteer - survey results.
- 2013-04-26: Lessons learned: Outreach Program for Women - Round 5.
- 2013-04-26: Blog post: FLOSS internship programs as catalysts for richer community collaboration.
- 2013-04-18: Organizing 3 tech projects receiving Wikimedia grants Tech Talk.
- 2013-04-16: Speaking at Bay Area Linux User Group with the help of Daniel Zahn, Rob Lanphier and Brian Wolff.
- 2013-04-15: QA Weekly: Supporting Bug Day for old, unanswered bugs.
- 2013-04-11: San Francisco meetups: GSoC and other open source internship programs.
- 2013-04-10: Criteria to get a mobile app accepted as official.
- 2013-04-09: Agreeing with Mozilla to co-mentor the MediaWiki-Bugzilla extension project idea.
- 2013-04-07: Project:New contributors created after the feedback received about Wikitech Contributors.
- 2013-04-06: QA Weekly goal: Weekend Testing Americas session on new Account Creation UX.
2013 1Q[edit | edit source]
- 2013-03-28: Org application for Google Summer of Code 2013 and Outreach Program for Women - Round 6.
- 2013-03-20: Organized Security for developers training session with Chris Steipp.
- 2013-03-18: QA Weekly goal: Browser automation testing for Wikipedia Search done and evaluated.
- 2013-03-14: San Francisco meetups: Lua meets Wikipedia.
- 2013-03-07: Edited Wikimedia engineering report/2013/February/summary.
- 2013-03-05: Essential Gerrit documentation sorted out.
- 2013-03-04: QA Weekly goal: Mobile uploads to Wikimedia Commons testing week.
- 2013-02-21: Organized Wikipedia Engineering Meetup: Wikimedia & wikiHow mobile updates].
- 2013-02-05: How to hack on Wikipedia presentation at FOSDEM - see video & slides (also on slideshare).
- 2013-01-24: Process created for QA weekly goals and first goals defined.
- 2013-01-15: QA and testing pages sorted out and polished.
- 2013-01-14: MediaWiki Groups for Promotion and San Francisco officially approved by the Wikimedia Affiliations Committee.
- 2013-01-10: mediawiki.org homepage and News synced with social media now.
- 2013-01-10: QA and testing is a clear landing page now. Chris McMahon started and I continued.
- 2013-01-07: Community metrics December report with new Social media section.
2012 4Q[edit | edit source]
- 2012-12-31: How to contribute polished, it's now the definitive landing place for new contributors.
- 2012-12-21: Social media sorted out: we have now @MediaWiki at identi.ca, Twitter, Facebook and Google+. Wikimedia Social Media team acknowledges.
- 2012-12-17: Events/FOSDEM/2013 - Lightning - Qgil & Events/FOSDEM/2013 - DevRoom - Qgil submitted.
- 2012-12-13: WMF payment to GNOME Foundation for Outreach Program for Women internships. Still not paid but my part is done.
- 2012-12-13: MediaWiki Groups official. Marketing and San Francisco groups proposed to open the way.
- 2012-12-11: Pushing selection of candidates for Outreach Program for Women internships (blog - identi.ca - Twitter - G+ - FB)
- 2012-12-10: Mentorship_programs/Selection_process becomes official.
- 2012-12-05: Community metrics November report & blog post. wikitech-l, analytics, Twitter, G+.
- 2012-11-28: Manual testing plan agreed with Chris.
- 2012-11-26: Define Bugzilla metrics for the November report.
- 2012-11-19: Introducing myself! wmf:User:Qgil WMF profile, Wikitech-l,blog post.
- 2012-11-19: Introducing Kevin Carillo's survey in wikitech-l, wikitech-ambassadors, mediawiki-l, mobile-l, design.
- 2012-11-15: Kick off Outreach Program for Women. See Wikitech-l, Wikitech Ambassadors, blog post, Twitter, Google+, Facebook.
Past[edit | edit source]
- The mobile content I was drafting here is now integrated to meta:Mobile Projects.
Disclaimer[edit | edit source]
I work for or provide services to the Wikimedia Foundation, and this is the account I use for edits or statements I make in that role. However, the Foundation does not vet all my activity, and edits, statements, or other contributions made by this account may not reflect the views of the Foundation.