|Babel user information|
Task list[edit | edit source]
If it's not scalable, then it needs to be cloneable.
Regular tasks[edit | edit source]
- Volunteer coordination and outreach e.g. directing potential contributors to good destinations.
- MediaWiki activity in Social media channels and coordination with Wikimedia Social Media team.
- Support to MediaWiki groups, also hepping the Wikimedia Affiliations Committee reviewing new proposals.
- Wikimedia org admin at Outreach Program for Women and other mentorship programs.
- Community metrics monthly reports.
Current 3 priorities[edit | edit source]
- Bootstrapping FOSS Outreach Program for Women - Round 7
- Wikimedia participation in Google Code-In ready by November.
- Hiring a doc writer temporary contractor.
Pushed by others[edit | edit source]
Tasks previously in my backlog that others have decided to push and I'm helping with.
Backlog[edit | edit source]
The sorting is chronological by submission date, but doesn't necessarily imply the order in which I take the tasks.
- Blog post about the end of Google Summer of Code and Outreach Program for Women Round 6.
- Screencast: how to file your first bug report.
- 2013-09-30: Promote OAuth to app developers.
- 2013-09-30: Draft a way of working in a good MediaWiki software project.
- Improve Developer hub / meta:Wikimedia developer hub
- 2012-11-29: MediaWiki.org Main Page tweaks
- 2012-11-30: Open Badges or similar for MediaWiki community?
- 2012-12-12: Sort out Category:Tutorials.
- 2012-12-17: Integrate Talk:Communication#Notes_on_communication_channels.
- 2012-12-26: Sorting out projects, tasks and annoying large bugs.
- 2012-12-27: Sorting out presentations. See meta:Presentations, wikitech:Presentations, commons:Category:Wikimedia presentations, commons:Category:MediaWiki.
- 2012-12-28: Promotion landing page, to be linked from How to contribute.
- 2013-01-07: Community metrics 2013-Q1 report & What wiki stats.
- 2013-01-08: How to get volunteers involved in Operations / sysadmin tasks. See Sysadmin hub & wikitech-l thread.
- 2013-01-10: Project:New contributors/Starter kit summarizing all the things seasoned MediaWiki editors and contributors assume and forget to explain.
- 2013-01-17: Self-help guide to organize events. See meta:Events kit and how WordPress does it.
- 2013-02-19: Guided Tour at mediawiki.org?
- 2013-03-12: Who are the top 50 independent contributors and what do they need from the WMF?
- 2013-04-08: Improve the confirmation email sent to new registered users and sync Template:Welcome.
- 2013-04-12: English Wikipedia first approach for new contributors outreach.
- 2013-04-19: Greeters / mentors for new contributors.
- 2013-05-14: Check/update our info at OpenHatch and SocialCoding4Good.
- 2013-08-19: Tech News as main tech news channel.
- 2013-10-02: What to do with the social media stats being collected at Talk:Community metrics?
- 2013-10-02: Help the Wikimania organizers to plan outreach hackathons in London.
- 2013-10-04: Sort out Wikimedia Mobile engineering pages.
- 2013-11-04: MediaWiki OSS Way of Working.
- 2013-11-19: Facebook Open Academy Program
Done[edit | edit source]
2013 4Q[edit | edit source]
- 2013-12-03: Possible Projects page updated, related Bugzilla reports linked (Google Code-in task by Vlad John)
- 2013-11-18: Wikimedia starts Google Code-in with 74 tasks and 13 mentors, from which 2 are org admins.
- 2013-11-15: Engineering Community team quarterly review successfully completed.
- 2013-11-13: Technical Writer - Contract - 3 Months (+) job opening published and promoted at wikitech-l, Twitter, Facebook, Google+.
- 2013-11-11: Fifteen candidates applied to Outreach Program for Women/Round 7
- 2013-11-06: Outreach Program for Women/Round 7 project ideas complete.
- 2013-10-25: Wikimedia application to Google Code-In. Successfuly accepted on November 1.
- 2013-10-23: Participation of top independent contributors at MediaWiki Architecture Summit.
- 2013-10-21: New lessons learned in mentorship programs documented.
- 2013-10-07: Wikis devroom @ FOSDEM: Call for participation.
- 2013-10-07: Recopilation of basic metrics of MediaWiki in Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and meetup.com.
- 2013-10-03: GSoC & FOSS OPW wrap-up presentation at the Wikimedia Metrics Meeting.
- 2013-10-02: Proposal for a Wiki devroom at FOSDEM accepted.
- 2013-10-01: Engineering Community Team/Meetings created, after agreeing on monthly ECT Showcase and Office Hours.
2013 3Q[edit | edit source]
(Sorry, I just got lousy with reporting here)
2013 2Q[edit | edit source]
- 2013-06-30: community metrics dashboard implemented by a contractor - contract approved.
- 2013-06-27: Browser test automation workshop in San Francisco.
- 2013-05-27: We selected 20 Google Summer of Code and 2 Outreach Program for Women projects that will be mentored by a total of 32 volunteers.
- 2013-05-13: Good times to volunteer - survey results.
- 2013-04-26: Lessons learned: Outreach Program for Women - Round 5.
- 2013-04-26: Blog post: FLOSS internship programs as catalysts for richer community collaboration.
- 2013-04-18: Organizing 3 tech projects receiving Wikimedia grants Tech Talk.
- 2013-04-16: Speaking at Bay Area Linux User Group with the help of Daniel Zahn, Rob Lanphier and Brian Wolff.
- 2013-04-15: QA Weekly: Supporting Bug Day for old, unanswered bugs.
- 2013-04-11: San Francisco meetups: GSoC and other open source internship programs.
- 2013-04-10: Criteria to get a mobile app accepted as official.
- 2013-04-09: Agreeing with Mozilla to co-mentor the MediaWiki-Bugzilla extension project idea.
- 2013-04-07: Project:New contributors created after the feedback received about Wikitech Contributors.
- 2013-04-06: QA Weekly goal: Weekend Testing Americas session on new Account Creation UX.
2013 1Q[edit | edit source]
- 2013-03-28: Org application for Google Summer of Code 2013 and Outreach Program for Women - Round 6.
- 2013-03-20: Organized Security for developers training session with Chris Steipp.
- 2013-03-18: QA Weekly goal: Browser automation testing for Wikipedia Search done and evaluated.
- 2013-03-14: San Francisco meetups: Lua meets Wikipedia.
- 2013-03-07: Edited Wikimedia engineering report/2013/February/summary.
- 2013-03-05: Essential Gerrit documentation sorted out.
- 2013-03-04: QA Weekly goal: Mobile uploads to Wikimedia Commons testing week.
- 2013-02-21: Organized Wikipedia Engineering Meetup: Wikimedia & wikiHow mobile updates].
- 2013-02-05: How to hack on Wikipedia presentation at FOSDEM - see video & slides (also on slideshare).
- 2013-01-24: Process created for QA weekly goals and first goals defined.
- 2013-01-15: QA and testing pages sorted out and polished.
- 2013-01-14: MediaWiki Groups for Promotion and San Francisco officially approved by the Wikimedia Affiliations Committee.
- 2013-01-10: mediawiki.org homepage and News synced with social media now.
- 2013-01-10: QA and testing is a clear landing page now. Chris McMahon started and I continued.
- 2013-01-07: Community metrics December report with new Social media section.
2012 4Q[edit | edit source]
- 2012-12-31: How to contribute polished, it's now the definitive landing place for new contributors.
- 2012-12-21: Social media sorted out: we have now @MediaWiki at identi.ca, Twitter, Facebook and Google+. Wikimedia Social Media team acknowledges.
- 2012-12-17: Events/FOSDEM/2013 - Lightning - Qgil & Events/FOSDEM/2013 - DevRoom - Qgil submitted.
- 2012-12-13: WMF payment to GNOME Foundation for Outreach Program for Women internships. Still not paid but my part is done.
- 2012-12-13: MediaWiki Groups official. Marketing and San Francisco groups proposed to open the way.
- 2012-12-11: Pushing selection of candidates for Outreach Program for Women internships (blog - identi.ca - Twitter - G+ - FB)
- 2012-12-10: Mentorship_programs/Selection_process becomes official.
- 2012-12-05: Community metrics November report & blog post. wikitech-l, analytics, Twitter, G+.
- 2012-11-28: Manual testing plan agreed with Chris.
- 2012-11-26: Define Bugzilla metrics for the November report.
- 2012-11-19: Introducing myself! wmf:User:Qgil WMF profile, Wikitech-l,blog post.
- 2012-11-19: Introducing Kevin Carillo's survey in wikitech-l, wikitech-ambassadors, mediawiki-l, mobile-l, design.
- 2012-11-15: Kick off Outreach Program for Women. See Wikitech-l, Wikitech Ambassadors, blog post, Twitter, Google+, Facebook.
Past[edit | edit source]
- The mobile content I was drafting here is now integrated to meta:Mobile Projects.