Project talk:Support desk/Sections/Images
Hello, My hosting provider disabled 'passthru' function and I am getting the following warning message when I try to include an thumbnail using the following syntax [[Image:Example.jpg|center|thumb|'''100px'''|Sunflowers]]
Warning: passthru() has been disabled for security reasons in /<HOME>/<DOMAIN>/<PUBLIC_ROOT>/includes/GlobalFunctions.php on line 2030
Is there any alternative to passthru()
Thanks in advance
PS: exec() is also disabled
I am befuddled 
Here's where I'm at:
- I started off with a file (http://www.gunownersresource.com/gorole/index.php?title=File:Faldiag.gif) that needed to be converted to .jpg because some .gifs just won't display right in thumbnail form - long story, don't worry about it, not the issue here.
- Copied the file to my HDD and converted it to this: http://www.gunownersresource.com/gorole/index.php?title=File:Faldiag.jpg and now the bloody thing won't display at all.
- When I try to go to it in IE, it blabs about a 500 error. In Firefox, it just gives me a blank and when I try to view source, there's nothing there to view. Nada, zilch.
So the question is: how do I delete the bloody thing???
Any suggestions would be great, thanks. --Grugnir 04:26, 17 December 2009 (UTC)
- http://www.gunownersresource.com/gorole/index.php?title=File:Faldiag.jpg&action=delete Max Semenik 06:19, 17 December 2009 (UTC)
- Thanks, mate; that did the trick. --Grugnir 15:40, 17 December 2009 (UTC)