Release status: Experimental
|Description||Adds a special page to show a Mind Map of a searched article.|
|MediaWiki||need at least 1.12|
|License||No license specified|
|Download||For testing and debbuging purposes only !|
|Example||see #Sites using this extension|
|Check usage and version matrix; code metrics|
This is an extension to add a Special:Wikimindmap page to MediaWiki, to view a Mind Map of a wiki page. It's based on the tools from www.wikimindmap.org, plus the code of Special:Search, and the API of MediaWiki 1.12.
Be careful[edit | edit source]
For the moment - 10:15, 7 April 2008 (UTC) - this extension is under development and so is not really operational.
API used[edit | edit source]
User must be registred[edit | edit source]
--Eric Larcher 12:31, 9 April 2008 (UTC) After the yesterday modifications, I only try today to use the WikiMindMap extension in anonymous mode. Argh ! No Mind Map at alls :-(. It appears that for the moment, it only runs in "registred users" mode. I will see this bug in a near futur. Perhaps this evening.
Others known minors threads[edit | edit source]
There is some others minors bugs and work to do :
Problems with accentuated characters;
- Done.--Eric Larcher 21:52, 8 April 2008 (UTC)
- Extend the Map Mind view to page links outside the main namespace (very easy to do);
- Give in the Map Mind abstract of each wiki linked page (easy to do after solving problem
s 1 and2);
- I have too, to document the code !!!
- In the internationalisation file, there is only translation for french.
After solving 1, It seems :
- Having to open the Min Map in an different windows than the WikiMindMap Search windows.Not a good idea, in fact. --Eric Larcher 21:52, 8 April 2008 (UTC)
Problem with the 'bring to center' functionality
- Done.--Eric Larcher 21:52, 8 April 2008 (UTC)
- Change the "Search Result message"
- Give a better aspect
- Give the ability to show images
How it runs[edit | edit source]
- The user has to go to the Special:Wikimindmap page. This page looks like the Special:Search page.
- The user give a term to search. Eventually modify the list of the namespaces to explore.
- The user validate his choice.
- If the term correspond exactly to a page name, the extension display the Mind Map of this page. This Map shows sections structure, page links in the main namespace, external links, category links, lang(uage) links, image page links and external links. A click on a wiki page node bring it to the center and develop his own Mind Map. Even if it's a lang link.
- If there is no page which correspond exactly to term, the extension display a list of pages in relation to the term.
- After the user click on the name of one of those pages, the extension display the Mind Map of the selected page.
Live demo[edit | edit source]
- Click on [this link]to go to the Special:WikiMindMap page of ericlarcher.fr.
\\\* link doesn't work.
- Enter some selection :
- for example, "aa" give nothing (too short expression)
- "Albert Einstein" go directly to the MindMap of this page (the page of the french wikipedia - see API use)
- "Analyse" give first name pages in relation with this term. And after clicking on the name of one of those pages, the extension display the Mind Map of the corresponding page in the french wikipedia. Remark : if the selection is "Infogestion", the map is empty ; it's because there is no page about Infogestion in Wikipedia.
Ask for debugging help[edit | edit source]
If you want to to that, you can download the files (see the infobox for download links), and install the extension on a mediawiki site.
The incriminated function is wmmOutput () in Wikimindmap_body.php
To avoid the problem, I put the Mind Map call rendering in a page outside the wiki (http://wikidraw.ericlarcher.fr on my site). This page is build by the index.php file of the package.
- Done. --Eric Larcher 21:40, 8 April 2008 (UTC)
There is still need for help (See others threads).
Hello where can i download it please? Eva
Installation[edit | edit source]
- Install first Extension:Gadgets
- Download WikiMindMap package (see the infobox for download links), and untar this archive. Copy the directory 'WikiMindMap' in your extensions directory.
- Copy the content of flashobject.js file to MediaWiki:Gadget-flashobject.js page.
- Active, in your Preferences's panel, the use of the gadget flashobject.
- Add the following sentence to your LocalSettings.php, somewhere near the bottom:
require_once( "$IP/extensions/WikiMindMap/SpecialWikimindmap.php" );
- Under the previous line, you have to specifie who can use Special:WikiMindMap.
- If you want that anybody can use it:
$wgGroupPermissions['*']['wikimindap'] = true;
- If you want that only sysop can use it:
$wgGroupPermissions['sysop']['wikimindap'] = true;
- If you want an additional user group, for example bureaucrats add:
$wgGroupPermissions['bureaucrat']['wikimindap'] = true;