Release status: beta
|Implementation||Tag, Special page|
|Description||Allows to integrate R and Octave output (raw, html and graphics) on pages|
|Author(s)||Sigbert Klinke (Sigberttalk)|
|Latest version||0.13 (15 December 2013)|
|MediaWiki||1.5.5 - 1.22.0|
Translate the R extension if possible
|Check usage and version matrix; code metrics|
Requirements[edit | edit source]
- R is a free software environment for statistical computing and graphics. It needs to be installed (probably available in your Linux distribution) and in the PATH: the command
Rshould work on the command line.
- Optional: GNU Octave is a high-level interpreted language, primarily intended for numerical computations. It needs to be installed (probably available in your Linux distribution) and in the PATH: the command
octaveshould work on the command line.
- ImageMagick is a software suite to create, edit, compose, or convert bitmap images. It needs to be installed (probably available in your Linux distribution) and in the PATH: the command
convertshould work on the command line. If you enabled TeX then it should have been installed already.
Download[edit | edit source]
You can obtain the extension at this offsite location.
Installation[edit | edit source]
The installation instruction are for version 0.13 of the extension. For earlier versions, please consult documentation for your version of the extension.
- Extract the downloaded files into your extensions directory.
require_once( "$IP/extensions/R/R.php" );
- Create a directory Rfiles in the root directory of your wiki
- Make it writable for the web server user (for Debian or Ubuntu www-data:www-data)
chown -R www-data:www-data Rfiles
- Initial installation can now be verified through Special:Version of your wiki.
- Further information can be found under Special:R page of your wiki.
Examples[edit | edit source]
All examples are done with version v0.10 of the extension. They may not work with other versions, please consult documentation for your version of the extension. For examples of the current version see the example page at the offsite location.
Usage[edit | edit source]
Wikis[edit | edit source]
- German MM*Stat (in German, v0.09)
- Innovativer Lehr-Lernortverbund in der akademischen Hochschulausbildung (in German, v0.08)
- Arabic MM*Stat (in Arabic, v0.04)