Release status: stable
|Implementation||Tag, Special page|
|Description||Allows anonymous polling|
|Author(s)||Jan Luca, Sorin Sbarnea|
|Latest version||1.1 (2012-08-20)|
|License||CC BY-SA 3.0|
Translate the Poll extension if it is available at translatewiki.net
|Check usage and version matrix; code metrics|
The Poll extension allows anonymous polling. It will provide the number of votes for each answer in same window. Voting results can be seen before voting.
Usage[edit | edit source]
<poll> Do you like this extension? Yes No I don't know yet. </poll>
Notes[edit | edit source]
- This extension will not work with PostgreSQL!!
- This extension does not allow database table prefixes: such as wiki_ etc.
- Images must be placed into the folder .../extensions/Poll/images/
Installation[edit | edit source]
- Download and extract the file(s) in a directory called
extensions/folder. If you're a developer and this extension is in a Git repository, then instead you should clone the repository using:
git clone https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/p/mediawiki/extensions/Poll.git
- Add the following code at the bottom of your LocalSettings.php:
- Execute the file Poll.sql in order to create required tables (sorry no auto-install, feel free to add it yourself)
PATH_TO_MYSQL/mysql -h <host> -u <username> -D <database name> -p < <path to Poll.sql file>
- Done! Navigate to "Special:Version" on your wiki to verify that the extension is successfully installed.