||The author of this extension is no longer maintaining it! Meaning any reports for additional features and/or bugfixes will more than likely be ignored. Volunteers are encouraged to take on the task of developing and maintaining it. As a courtesy, you may want to contact the author. You should also remove this template and list yourself as maintaining the extension in the page's
In MW 1.18 and above, a special page "PasswordReset" exists which overrides the special page of this extension. This means this extension no longer works from 1.18 on. This extension however provides more functionality than in core, so a solution should be found (either merge this functionality with core, or rename one of the two special pages).
Release status: unstable
|Implementation||Special page, User rights, User identity|
|Description||Allows to resets the user's password|
|Latest version||1.7 (2008-09-04)|
|License||No license specified|
Translate the Password Reset extension if possible
|Check usage and version matrix; code metrics|
|Bugs: list open list all report|
The Password Reset extension allows Wiki users with the 'passwordreset' permission to reset MediaWiki user's passwords (Local users only).
- As of v1.6, r30588, the "Disabled users" special page lists users that have been disabled using PasswordReset.
- As of v1.4, r28418, the GetBlockStatus hook is employed to disallow users emailing themselves new (random) passwords from the login form if their account has been DISABLED via the Password Reset extension.
- The system message shown to users with disabled accounts who request a new password via email is 'blocked-mailpassword'
Installation[edit | edit source]
- Create a new folder (directory) in the following location:
- Download the following five required files from Special:ExtensionDistributor/PasswordReset:
- Copy the five files in to the new PasswordReset folder
- Add the following code to your LocalSettings.php (at the bottom)
$wgGroupPermissions['sysop']['passwordreset'] = true; require_once( "$IP/extensions/PasswordReset/PasswordReset.php" );
- Note the new addition of the 'passwordreset' permission in 1.2 - this must be explicitly granted as shown
Usage[edit | edit source]
- Follow Installation Instructions
- You will have two new Special Pages titled "Password Reset" and "Disabled users"