Release status: stable
|Description||Allows to transform numbers into words|
|Author(s)||Pavel Astakhov (Pastakhovtalk)|
|Latest version||0.9.5.6 (2013-01-23)|
Translate the Numbertext extension if possible
|Check usage and version matrix; code metrics|
The Numbertext extension allows to transform numbers into words. It based on the numbertext.org service and supports more than thirty languages.
Usage[edit | edit source]
- number - the number to transform into words
- currency - currency of money (sample: "USD", "EUR", "RUB", etc)
- language - language for transform (optional, sample "en", "en_US", "ru", "ru_RU", etc)
Default language sets by variable
$wgNumbertext_defaultLang, which by default equally
$wgLanguageCode (see Site language).
You can specify a different default language, or an empty string, and will use the language specified in the user preferences.
Download[edit | edit source]
You can download the extension directly from the MediaWiki source code repository (browse code). You can get:
- One of the extensions tags
Not all extensions have tags. Some extensions have tags for each release, in which case those tags have the same stability as the release. To download a tag
- Go to the tags list
- Click the name of the tag you want to download
- Click "snapshot"
- The latest version of one of the extensions branches
Each extension has a master branch containing the latest code (might be unstable). Extensions can have further branches as well.
- Go to the branches list
- Click the branch name
- Click "snapshot"
- A snapshot made during the release of a MediaWiki version.
This might be unstable and is not guaranteed to work with the associated MediaWiki version.
After you've got the code, save it into the extensions/Numbertext directory of your wiki.
If you are familiar with git and have shell access to your server, you can obtain the extension, with all its tags and branches, as follows:
cd extensions git clone
Installation[edit | edit source]
- Download and extract the files in a directory called
extensions/folder. If you're a developer and this extension is in a Git repository, then instead you should clone the repository.
- Add the following code at the bottom of your LocalSettings.php:
require_once( "$IP/extensions/Numbertext/Numbertext.php" );
- Done! Navigate to "Special:Version" on your wiki to verify that the extension is successfully installed.