Release status: stable
|Description||Allows to disable caching on a per page basis|
|Author(s)||Kimon Andreou (Kimontalk)|
|Last version||1.2.1 (2012-11-30)|
|Check usage and version matrix|
The MagicNoCache extension creates a new magic word
__NOCACHE__ and disables the cache for any page in which it finds it. Thus it makes sure that specific pages never get cached as they get updated extremely frequently.
You can download the extension directly from the MediaWiki source code repository (browse code). You can get:
- One of the extensions tags
Not all extensions have tags. Some extensions have tags for each release, in which case those tags have the same stability as the release. To download a tag
- Go to the tags list
- Click the name of the tag you want to download
- Click "snapshot"
- The latest version of one of the extensions branches
Each extension has a master branch containing the latest code (might be unstable). Extensions can have further branches as well.
- Go to the branches list
- Click the branch name
- Click "snapshot"
- A snapshot made during the release of a MediaWiki version.
This might be unstable and is not guaranteed to work with the associated MediaWiki version.
After you've got the code, save it into the extensions/MagicNoCache directory of your wiki.
If you are familiar with git and have shell access to your server, you can obtain the extension, with all its tags and branches, as follows:
cd extensions git clone
- Download and extract the files in a directory called "
MagicNoCache" in your extensions/ folder.
- Add the following code to your LocalSettings.php (at the bottom)
require_once( "$IP/extensions/MagicNoCache/MagicNoCache.php" );
- Done – Navigate to "Special:Version" on your wiki to verify that the extension is successfully installed.
See also 
|Language:||English • Ελληνικά|