Release status: beta
|Implementation||Skin, User interface|
|Description||Displays full-size images with Lightbox 2 when clicking on thumbnails.|
|Latest version||0.1.4.1 (3 Aug 2010)|
|MediaWiki||1.11-1.13, 1.15, 1.16|
|License||CC BY-NC 3|
|Example||Oberwiki's new images|
Translate the LightboxThumbs extension if possible
|Check usage and version matrix; code metrics|
LightboxThumbs incorporates Lokesh Dhakar's fullsize image viewer Lightbox 2 into MediaWiki's thumbnails and image galleries.
When a user clicks on a thumbnailed image or an image in a gallery, the page darkens and the image is displayed full-size "on top of" the page. A caption below the image includes the image's title and a link to its description page, along with the caption on the thumbnail, if any. Clicking anywhere off the image returns everything to normal.
Images in galleries are treated as being part of a slideshow, and have "previous" and "next" images.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- Very large images may take over your screen! That is, it doesn't do any resizing.
- If there are multiple galleries on one page, they are treated as being part of one big slideshow.
- May not work with images that have slashes in the name.
Caveat ūsor[edit | edit source]
This was originally developed on an installation of 1.11 with an old custom skin and a bunch of extensions and a lot of general hackery. Unforeseen behavior is a very real possibility.
That said, let me know and I'll try to help fix anything that goes wrong.
Props[edit | edit source]
Thanks to Piotr, Timmy, and Georges for helping me debug and test new versions of v0.1.3.
Installation[edit | edit source]
- Get a copy of LightboxThumbs.php and save into your extensions/ directory. The newest version is always here, but if you're using an older (<1.16) version of MW, look at these:
- Download Lokesh Dhakar's Lightbox 2 and place somewhere on your server.
- Rename lightbox2 directory to lightbox and move to the extensions directory.*
- Edit lightbox.js: change fileLoadingImage and fileBottomNavCloseImage so they're indicating where the images actually are.*
- Edit LocalSettings.php to add:
$lightboxThumbsFilesDir = '/w/extensions/lightbox';
* Note: Please make sure that the js and image files can be read.
See also[edit | edit source]
- A perhaps more elegant version of this extension is its predecessor, the Lightbox2 hack. Its elegance lies not in its deployment, however; you must edit lightbox.js, Linker.php, MediaTransformOutput.php and ImageGallery.php.