||The author of this extension is no longer maintaining it! Meaning any reports for additional features and/or bugfixes will more than likely be ignored. Volunteers are encouraged to take on the task of developing and maintaining it. As a courtesy, you may want to contact the author. You should also remove this template and list yourself as maintaining the extension in the page's
Release status: unmaintained
|Implementation||Special page, User identity, Database|
|Description||Allows to import users in bulk from a CSV file|
|Author(s)||Rouslan Zenetl, Yuriy Ilkiv|
|Latest version||1.4.1 (2014-06-20)|
Translate the ImportUsers extension if it is available at translatewiki.net
|Check usage and version matrix; code metrics|
The ImportUsers extension adds special page, "Special:ImportUsers", which can be used by bureaucrats (or other users who have the
import_users permission) to import users from a CSV file to MediaWiki's user database.
Usage[edit | edit source]
Import File Format[edit | edit source]
The CSV file in UTF-8 without BOM encoding consists of four or five columns, delimited with commas:
- real name
- user group (optional)
user1,pass1,firstname.lastname@example.org,John Doe,editor user2,pass2,email@example.com,Jane Doe,editor user3,pass3,firstname.lastname@example.org,Jonnie Doe,editor user4,pass4,email@example.com,Janie Doe,editor . userN,passN,userN@example.org,User Nnn,editor
Duplicate/Collision handling[edit | edit source]
This extension will never create duplicate user accounts. Collision handling behavior is determined by the "Replace existing users" check box.
- What is account collision?
Two accounts are in collision (or are duplicates of each other) if their login names (user names) are equal.
- What can be done?
- When "Replace existing users" check box is clear (unchecked), ImportUsers extension will ignore records in the input file which are duplicates of existing accounts.
- When "Replace existing users" check box is checked, ImportUsers extension will update corresponding accounts with data from input file.
Note: MediaWiki tolerates duplicate email addresses. In other words, there may be multiple accounts connected to the same email address. This extension will not validate for duplicate email addresses.
Installation[edit | edit source]
- Download and extract the file(s) in a directory called
extensions/folder. If you're a developer and this extension is in a Git repository, then instead you should clone the repository.
- Add the following code at the bottom of your LocalSettings.php:
- Done! Navigate to "Special:Version" on your wiki to verify that the extension is successfully installed.
Maintenance[edit | edit source]
Issues and feature requests[edit | edit source]
Issues and feature requests may be reported or tackled at GitHub.
See also[edit | edit source]
- MediaWikiAuth is designed for "on demand" import of old accounts into a new wiki