Release status: stable
|Description||Delete history and optimize MySQL database to win a lot of disk space|
|Author(s)||Pierre Mavro (Pmavrotalk)|
|License||GNU General Public Licence 2.0|
|Check usage and version matrix|
- Deletes old unwanted information in history
- Frees up to 90% disk space in the MediaWiki database
- Be sure you've got php5-cli installed. If you're under Debian like OS :
aptitude install php5-cli
Method 1 
Download the latest snapshot version and uncompress it in your extensions directory (ex. /var/www/mediawiki/extensions) :
wget -O DeleteHistory.tgz "http://git.deimos.fr/?p=mediawiki_DeleteHistory.git;a=snapshot;h=HEAD;sf=tgz" mkdir DeleteHistory tar -xzf DeleteHistory.tgz --strip 1 -C DeleteHistory rm -f DeleteHistory.tgz
Method 2 
Clone it via Git :
git clone http://git.deimos.fr/git/mediawiki_DeleteHistory.git DeleteHistory
- Edit your LocalSettings.php and add those lines :
# DeleteHistory $wgGroupPermissions['sysop']['DeleteHistory'] = true; include('extensions/DeleteHistory/DeleteHistory.php');
- That's all, now you can go in Special Pages and try the DeleteHistory extension. If you don't see anything new, it's because you don't have the admin privileges.
User rights 
If you don't see anything new, it's because you don't have the admin privileges.
Go into Special Page to delete history.
Adding German language
Adding Engine and Collation tables informations when requesting optimization. It helps to understand the result of it.
- Fix some vulnerability
- Compatible with MediaWiki 1.18
- Show in KB or MB in the database space won when an optimize runs
- Changed shown order (Result,Optimisation Status,Logs)
- Added arrays style to results
- Compatible with MediaWiki 1.16
- First release