Release status: stable
|Description||Contact form for visitors|
|Author(s)||Daniel Kinzler (Duesentriebtalk)|
|Last version||continuous updates|
|License||GNU General Public License 2.0 or later|
|Example||Contact page - brightbyte.de|
|Check usage and version matrix; code metrics|
The ContactPage extension implements a contact form for visitors. It creates a special page Special:Contact, which is similar to Special:EmailUser, but it has a fixed recipient, and can be used anonymously.
Download[edit | edit source]
You can download the extension directly from the MediaWiki source code repository (browse code). You can get:
- One of the extensions tags
Not all extensions have tags. Some extensions have tags for each release, in which case those tags have the same stability as the release. To download a tag
- Go to the tags list
- Click the name of the tag you want to download
- Click "snapshot"
- The latest version of one of the extensions branches
Each extension has a master branch containing the latest code (might be unstable). Extensions can have further branches as well.
- Go to the branches list
- Click the branch name
- Click "snapshot"
- A snapshot made during the release of a MediaWiki version.
This might be unstable and is not guaranteed to work with the associated MediaWiki version.
After you've got the code, save it into the extensions/ContactPage directory of your wiki.
If you are familiar with git and have shell access to your server, you can obtain the extension, with all its tags and branches, as follows:
cd extensions git clone
Installation[edit | edit source]
Copy the ContactPage directory into the extensions folder of your MediaWiki installation. Then add the following lines to your LocalSettings.php file (near the end):
require_once( "$IP/extensions/ContactPage/ContactPage.php" ); $wgContactUser = 'WikiAdmin'; $wgContactSender = $wgPasswordSender; $wgContactSenderName = 'Contact Form on ' . $wgSitename;
Configuration[edit | edit source]
- determines if visitor's email address will be used as the Reply-To address (failsafe) or the From address (nicer, and default). This is a global option that also controls how MediaWiki behaves for mails between registered users. See Manual:$wgUserEmailUseReplyTo for more information. Used since rev:37135 (July 2008). Requires MediaWiki 1.12.
- must be the name of a registered wiki user, who has supplied an email address, has user-to-user email enabled, and has confirmed his/her email address if that is required on this wiki (see Manual:$wgEmailAuthentication).
- the email address used as the sender of the contact email, if the visitor does not supply an email address, or if $wgUserEmailUseReplyTo is true. Depending on the setup of your web host, this may have to be an existing mail account. Defaults to $wgEmergencyContact.
- the name to be used with $wgContactSender. This will be shown in the recipient's email program.
- requires name and email address to be entered on the contact form. This is optional per default. Since rev:37136 (July 2008).
- If true, the form will include a checkbox offering to put the IP address of the submitter in the subject line
You can require a captcha test for the contact page, if you have the ConfirmEdit extension installed. Captchas are enabled by setting $wgCaptchaTriggers['contactpage'] = true;
Hooks[edit | edit source]
See Extension hook registry for information about hooks added by ContactPage.
Other versions[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
- rev:21348: fixed edit token check for anonymous users. Previously, sending the message failed silently for anons without a session cookie.
- rev:21702: fixed "send me a copy" feature. Was sending duplicates to the contact address instead of copied to the sender.
- rev:26696: all messages now listed on Special:Allmessages
- rev:26698: support for captchas using Extension:ConfirmEdit
- rev:36793: fixed captcha support. Previously, the captcha failed indiscriminately for visitors with no open PHP session.
- rev:37135: added support for $wgUserEmailUseReplyTo
- rev:37136: added support for $wgContactRequireAll
- rev:37174: suppress captcha if user has skipcaptcha permission
- rev:47529: MediaWiki 1.9 compatibility removed
- rev:60638: added ContactFormBeforeMessage hook
- rev:76660: added possibility to use customized contage pages via [[Special:Contact/typename]]. It calls the contact page with a customized pagetext and prefilled form fields (details see README, section Customization)
See also[edit | edit source]
|This extension is being used on one or more Wikimedia projects. This probably means that the extension is stable and works well enough to be used by such high-traffic websites. Look for this extension's name in Wikimedia's CommonSettings.php and InitialiseSettings.php configuration files to see where it's installed. A full list of the extensions installed on a particular wiki can be seen on the wiki's Special:Version page.|