Release status: stable
|Implementation||User rights, Page action|
|Description||Allows the author of a page to protect it from other users|
|Author(s)||Ryan Schmidt (Skizzerztalk)|
|Last version||1.3 (2011-07-29)|
|License||No license specified|
|Check usage and version matrix|
This extension allows page authors to protect pages from non-authors on a page-by-page basis. Authors with the 'authorprotect' permission will gain a protect tab on pages they author that gives them access to this interface. Because logs and anonymous users don't mix very well (as with the fact that all anonymous users share the same user id), anonymous users are unable to use this extension regardless of if they have the 'authorprotect' right or not.
Warning: Do not assign the author right via GroupPermissions (except to those who you want to be able to edit author-protected pages)! This right is automatically assigned to the author of the page. Assigning this right via $wgGroupPermissions gives that group the ability to edit all author-protected pages, regardless of if they are the author of the page or not.
Download instructions 
Please download the latest snapshot and extract it in your wiki's extensions directory.
To install this extension, add the following to LocalSettings.php:
- Version 1.3
- Fix various fixmes in the code, brought up to standards with the 1.17/1.18 changes (now requires 1.18+).
- Version 1.2
- Fix fatal error and other bugfixes. Now actually temporarily assigns the "protect" right instead of trying to hack around it.
- Version 1.1
- Many bugfixes, basically made it work when using expirys and trying to unprotect. Also added author to the real protection interface so sysops can revert bad changes, etc.
- Version 1.0
- First stable release. Moved code to subversion repository.
- Version 0.1
- Initial beta release. Has not been tested at all as of yet. Unless you want to test this extension, do not install this version.