Release status: beta
|Description||Extension appends clickable index of tagged words in an article.|
|Author(s)||Josef Martiňák (Jossmarttalk)|
|Latest version||0.3 (Oct 16 2012)|
|MediaWiki||1.17 - 1.22|
Translate the ArticleIndex extension if it is available at translatewiki.net
|Check usage and version matrix; code metrics|
Extension appends clickable index of tagged words in an article.
Usage[edit | edit source]
- Put the words you want to index to
- Words in these tags are displayed instead of tag
<articleindex/>in alphabet order.
- Index is grouped by first letters.
- Clicking the word highlights his occurrences and moves page to the first one.
- Navigation buttons appears on mouseover on tagged words.
- It's case insensitive.
Download[edit | edit source]
The extension can be retrieved directly from Git [?]:
- Browse code
- Some extensions have tags for stable releases.
- Browse tags
- Select the tag
- Click "snapshot"
- Each branch is associated with a past MediaWiki release. There is also a "master" branch containing the latest alpha version (might require an alpha version of MediaWiki).
- Browse branches
- Select a branch name
- Click "Continue"
Extract the snapshot and place it in the extensions/ArticleIndex/ directory of your MediaWiki installation.
If you are familiar with git and have shell access to your server, you can also obtain the extension as follows:
cd extensions/ git clone
Installation[edit | edit source]
- Put extension into extensions folder.
- Add the following to LocalSettings.php.
require_once( "$IP/extensions/ArticleIndex/ArticleIndex.php" );
Release notes[edit | edit source]
Changes in version 0.2[edit | edit source]
- Code - spacey style
- New function - clicking the word in index moves page to first occurance of the word
Changes in version 0.3[edit | edit source]
- Added files ArticleIndex.i18n.php and ext.ArticleIndex.css.
- Indexed words are now case insensitive, they are shown in index in lowercase with first letter capitalized
- New style of highlighted words
- New feature - navigation buttons shows on mouseover (previous, next, index)