Release status: beta
|Description||Extension appends clickable index of tagged words in an article.|
|Author(s)||Josef Martiňák (Jossmarttalk)|
|Last version||0.3 (Oct 16 2012)|
|MediaWiki||1.17 - 1.19|
|Check usage and version matrix; code metrics|
Extension appends clickable index of tagged words in an article.
Usage[edit | edit source]
- Put the words you want to index to
- Words in these tags are displayed instead of tag
<articleindex/>in alphabet order.
- Index is grouped by first letters.
- Clicking the word highlights his occurrences and moves page to the first one.
- Navigation buttons appears on mouseover on tagged words.
- It's case insensitive.
Download[edit | edit source]
You can download the extension directly from the MediaWiki source code repository (browse code). You can get:
- One of the extensions tags
Not all extensions have tags. Some extensions have tags for each release, in which case those tags have the same stability as the release. To download a tag
- Go to the tags list
- Click the name of the tag you want to download
- Click "snapshot"
- The latest version of one of the extensions branches
Each extension has a master branch containing the latest code (might be unstable). Extensions can have further branches as well.
- Go to the branches list
- Click the branch name
- Click "snapshot"
- A snapshot made during the release of a MediaWiki version.
This might be unstable and is not guaranteed to work with the associated MediaWiki version.
After you've got the code, save it into the extensions/ArticleIndex directory of your wiki.
If you are familiar with git and have shell access to your server, you can obtain the extension, with all its tags and branches, as follows:
cd extensions git clone
Installation[edit | edit source]
- Put extension into extensions folder.
- Add the following to LocalSettings.php.
require_once( "$IP/extensions/ArticleIndex/ArticleIndex.php" );
Release notes[edit | edit source]
Changes in version 0.2[edit | edit source]
- Code - spacey style
- New function - clicking the word in index moves page to first occurance of the word
Changes in version 0.3[edit | edit source]
- Added files ArticleIndex.i18n.php and ext.ArticleIndex.css.
- Indexed words are now case insensitive, they are shown in index in lowercase with first letter capitalized
- New style of highlighted words
- New feature - navigation buttons shows on mouseover (previous, next, index)