Brighton Hackathon 2011
The Brighton Hackathon 2011 was an event designed to allow developers to come together to work on Wikimedia-related projects (including MediaWiki), and to squash bugs. It was held in Brighton, England, 19th-20th November 2011. You can get an overview of the city on WikiTravel.
|Date||19th-20th November 2011|
|Venue||The Skiff (Getting there)|
|Liveblogging / Etherpad notes||Saturday, Sunday|
We'll be meeting at:
- The Skiff
- 6 Gloucester Street
- Brighton BN1 4EW
- United Kingdom
- http://www.theskiff.org/ (getting there)
Part of the schedule was created during the event, putting in lightning talks.
Friday 18th 
|Evening||Table booked at Lange Lees for 6.30PM|
|10am||Sign in & Late registrations|
|4:30pm||Closing presentation and cleanup|
Note: This list is not up to date. There were 11 registered attendees on 17 November 2011.
- Lewis Cawte
- Roan Kattouw
- Hashar, arriving friday ~ noon, leaving sunday ~ noon.
- Tom Morris
- Sam Reed
- Harry Burt
- Tristessa de St Ange
- Tom Morton
- AlisonW (depending on exact location & start time)
- Rich Farmbrough 09:41, 30 August 2011 (UTC). (provisional)
- Spike (very provisional)
- Add your name here if you're intending to come!
Side programme 
- Lewis Cawte (event organiser)
Here are the things we want to focus on at the hackathon, feel free to add anything you would like to work on to this list:
- Bugsmash (see bugzilla keyword)
- Apache logs bug hunt-n-fix sprint
- 1.18 bug fixes, 1.19 code review
- Training rookies :-)
- Reviewing volunteers' patches
Getting there 
Brighton is on the south coast of England with fast rail services to London Victoria, London Bridge, Kings Cross-St Pancras (for Eurostar), and Bedford
London Gatwick Airport is midway between London and Brighton with a fast train connection to Brighton. You can get informations about train tickets at the airport website: http://www.gatwickairport.com/transport/trains/
Brighton has a wide variety of hotels, here are a few selected ones with internet connection:
- mail: lewiscawtegooglemail.com
- Panic Phone for emergencies: +44 7767043187 (only during the event)
- Logistics: Lewis Cawte
Any questions? 
- Do I have to be a member of Wikimedia UK?
- No, this is open to all. However if you would like to join Wikimedia UK and get involved in other projects like this or start your own, you can do so here
- What do I need to bring?
- You need to bring a laptop, although it would be helpful if you could bring spare powercables etc., too.
- What's happening for lunch?
- Lunch will be provided at the event on both days, however you are welcome to bring your own food if you please. There is a microwave, sink, kettle and hot water urn available.
- Are there any side events in the evenings?
- There are trips to pubs and meals going on. This is going to be run similarly to an unconference in that sense.