Release status: stable
|Implementation||Special page, User identity|
|Description||Merges references from one user to another user in the Wiki database - can also delete old users following merge|
|Author(s)||Tim Laqua, Thomas Gries (maintainer)|
|Latest version||1.9.0 (2014-03-29)|
|License||GNU GPL, version 2 or later|
Translate the UserMerge extension if it is available at translatewiki.net
|Check usage and version matrix; code metrics|
|Open tasks · Report a bug|
The UserMerge extension allows wiki users with the usermerge permission (Bureaucrat by default) to merge one Wiki user's account with another Wiki user's account.
The extension allows to
- merge (refer contributions, texts, watchlists, edit count of a first account A to a second account B
- delete the first account A after the merge (option box)
- you cannot delete a user A without having merged the user A to B
- you cannot merge your own account (logged-in user)
- if you omit the "New User" field, then the extension auto-populates the New User as "Anonymous" (user_id 0), and ask you to confirm a merge to Anonymous. This is used for user deletion: you first empty (merge to user 0) contributions of a user A, and then delete the user A.
- the extension creates a User Merge log and logs all User Merge extension activity.
Installation[edit | edit source]
- Download and place the file(s) in a directory called UserMerge in your extensions/ folder.
- Add the following code at the bottom of your LocalSettings.php:
require_once "$IP/extensions/UserMerge/UserMerge.php"; // By default nobody can use this function, enable for bureaucrat? $wgGroupPermissions['bureaucrat']['usermerge'] = true; // optional: default is array( 'sysop' ) $wgUserMergeProtectedGroups = array( 'groupname' );
- Done! Navigate to "Special:Version" on your wiki to verify that the extension is successfully installed.
Usage[edit | edit source]
- follow Installation Instructions
- a new Special Page Special:UserMerge with the title Merge and Delete Users is created
- unmergeable users can be defined (examples):
# Allow all users to be merged (by default, the 'sysop' group is unmergeable) $wgUserMergeProtectedGroups = array(); # Disallow merging of the users in the 'sysop' or 'awesomeusers' groups # N.B. check the distributed "install.settings" for the correct array name $wgUserMergeUnmergeable = array( 'sysop', 'awesomeusers' );
Known issues[edit | edit source]
- Bug 39470: It's not possible to merge the account of a blocked user
- Bug 39636: The extension lacks an API interface module
References[edit | edit source]
- since version 1.2
See also[edit | edit source]
- Extension:BlockAndNuke: Extension to block and delete users.
- hideuser right - Allows to "hide" users from various lists when indefinitely blocking them
|This extension is being used on one or more Wikimedia projects. This probably means that the extension is stable and works well enough to be used by such high-traffic websites. Look for this extension's name in Wikimedia's CommonSettings.php and InitialiseSettings.php configuration files to see where it's installed. A full list of the extensions installed on a particular wiki can be seen on the wiki's Special:Version page.|
|Language:||English • português do Brasil|