Note: This extension is bundled with MediaWiki 1.18 and above. Thus you do not have do download and extract the extension as described. However, you still need to follow the other instructions provided.
Release status: stable
|Description||Enhances parser with logical and string functions|
|Latest version||1.6.0 (2014-03-28)|
Translate the ParserFunctions extension if it is available at translatewiki.net
|Check usage and version matrix; code metrics|
|Bugs: list open list all report|
The ParserFunctions extension enhances the wikitext parser with helpful functions, mostly related to logic and string-handling. Since MediaWiki 1.15, ParserFunctions has incorporated most (but not all) of the functions from the StringFunctions extension, which may be enabled or disabled (See the install instructions below).
Installation[edit | edit source]
- Download and extract the file(s) in a directory called
extensions/folder. If you're a developer and this extension is in a Git repository, then instead you should clone the repository using:
git clone https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/p/mediawiki/extensions/ParserFunctions.git
- Add the following code at the bottom of your LocalSettings.php:
- Configure as required, e.g. if you want to use the integrated string function functionality, add just after that line:
$wgPFEnableStringFunctions = true;
- Done! Navigate to "Special:Version" on your wiki to verify that the extension is successfully installed.
Configuration[edit | edit source]
- Allows to activate the integrated string function functionality (see StringFunctions). The default value is
- Defines the maximum length of a string that string functions are allowed to operate on. The default value is
See also[edit | edit source]
|This extension is being used on one or more Wikimedia projects. This probably means that the extension is stable and works well enough to be used by such high-traffic websites. Look for this extension's name in Wikimedia's CommonSettings.php and InitialiseSettings.php configuration files to see where it's installed. A full list of the extensions installed on a particular wiki can be seen on the wiki's Special:Version page.|