Wikimedia mobile engineering/Mobile QA/Commons uploads/Setup
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Installing Commons app on Android
From Google Play
- Install from Google Play on the web, or
- Open up 'Google Play' app on your device and search for 'Wikimedia Commons'; select and install
- You will need to enable "Install from unknown sources" in your device preferences, under Security.
- In your device's browser, download the install link: dumps.wikimedia.org
- When the download completes, you may have to select the file from the notification bar.
- When prompted, select 'Install' to install the app.
Installing Commons app on iOS
- For testing on iPhone, iPod Touch, or iPad, you must register your device via TestFlight ahead of time to be included in the beta builds, or you won't be able to install the app on your device!
- If you have already submitted your device ID for beta builds, you should still sign up so you can easily install the beta and receive update notifications throughout the beta period.
- Log in to http://testflightapp.com/ on your iOS device
- Select Wikimedia Commons app for download, follow on-screen directions (add pictures?)