Wikimedia Technical Committee/Minutes/2019-04-24
Jump to navigation Jump to search
An invite-only video discussion, where decisions are often finalized, generally Wednesday 13:00 USA West coast local time as of this writing. This meeting is often used for grooming the backlog for the TechCom-RFC board. (private minutes)
- The Call extended until May 1st: Establish Architecture Principles as a policy <https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T220657> and <https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Engineering_Architecture_Principles>
- The first TechCom office hour went pretty well. We had a nice chat, mostly about TechCom operations and the RFC process. Log: <https://tools.wmflabs.org/meetbot/wikimedia-office/2019/wikimedia-office.2019-04-17-21.05.log.html>
- The next TechCom office hour is planned to be an in-person session (and video feed) at the Hackathon in Prague. The exact time is still to be determined.
- No RFC meeting on May 1st (Labour Day)
- Manual:Coding conventions/PHP was updated to reflect T161647 (Deprecate using php serialization inside MediaWiki) which had been approved two years ago. <https://www.mediawiki.org/w/index.php?title=Manual:Coding_conventions/PHP&diff=3199202&oldid=3189942>