Wikimedia Technical Committee/Minutes/2018-01-10
Jump to navigation Jump to search
An invite-only video discussion, where decisions are often finalized, generally Wednesday 13:00 USA West coast local time as of this writing. This meeting is often used for grooming the backlog for the TechCom-RFC board. (private minutes)
- Services team experimenting with Minikube for providing a Kubernetes based development environment.
- RFC approved after last call: Migrate WMF production to PHP 7 https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T176370
- For dropping support for PHP 5.6 with MW 1.31, a few bits of code still need to be fixed that are not compatible with PHP 7: https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T172165#3758081
- Last Call: TechCom proposes to decline “MediaWiki Action API is a unique API specification” because it does not offer an actionable solution to discuss and does not address the issue of migrating existing client code. https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T180096.
- IRC discussion next week: MediaWiki platform architecture topics for the dev summit. Please let use know what you think the most important topics for the MediaWiki platform are, with a one to five year horizon. Discussion before the meeting is encouraged, see https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T183313
- Please also provide input on the other sessions planned for the Developer Summit: https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/project/view/3119/. Keep in mind that this year, the summit is about strategic direction, not about concrete engineering issues.
- TechCom had a triage session. We went over 20 of about 100 RFCs in the “backlog” and “under discussion” columns of the RFC board to check on the status.