Wikimedia Technical Committee/Minutes/2018-01-03
Jump to navigation Jump to search
An invite-only video discussion, where decisions are often finalized, generally Wednesday 13:00 USA West coast local time as of this writing. This meeting is often used for grooming the backlog for the TechCom-RFC board. (private minutes)
- Last Call for Comments: Introduce page creation log https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T12331. If no pertinent issues remain unaddressed by January 17, this RFC will be approved for implementation. Patch: https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/399897/
- Last Call for Comments: Introduce PlatformSettings.php https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T182020. If no pertinent issues remain unaddressed by January 17, this RFC will be approved for implementation.
- First major MCR patches going live next week. The Revision class is now deprecated, use RevisionStore or RevisionRecord instead. https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/399174
- Patch for MCR database schema is also merged, new tables are not used yet. https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/378724/
- There was an issue with increased response times for several days over the holidays, the cause is still unknown. Ops is investigating.
- The #architecture project on phabricator has been archived, since nobody was using the associated workboard. Could be revived as a plain “yellow” tag if needed.
- TechCom to use next week’s meeting for going over old/stale RFCs