Wikimedia Technical Committee/Minutes/2017-11-01
Jump to navigation Jump to search
An invite-only video discussion, where decisions are often finalized, generally Wednesday 13:00 USA West coast local time as of this writing. This meeting is often used for grooming the backlog for the TechCom-RFC board. (private minutes)
- TechCom would like to thank Kevin Smith for his help with facilitating and note taking. We hope to see you around, Kevin!
- Previous IRC meeting: How to modify all preferences? https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T178449. Outcome: Introducing a PreferenceFactory service seems like a good idea, but there are several issues to resolve with the implementation as proposed. RFC remains under discussion.
- Last Call canceled: Bump PHP requirement to 5.6 in 1.31 https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T178538. The RFC goes back to “under discussion” due to an issue raised by Anomie https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T172165#3699606.
- Discussion on wikitech-l: Proposal regarding the handling of imported usernames https://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/wikitech-l/2017-October/089047.html.
- Next IRC meeting: Gathering input on the RFC process. We want to hear from you what you like or dislike about the RFC process. If you have criticism or suggestions, please let us know. Note that we have diverged quite a bit from the process as documented at Requests for comment/Process. This session is part of a drive to overhaul our processes and improve documentation.
- Daniel has published a rant about how unclear ownership makes it hard to address technical debt, atUser:Daniel Kinzler (WMDE)/Avoiding the Tech Debt Trap. This topic was brought up during the discussion about FauxRequest https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T169266.