Wikimedia Technical Committee/Minutes/2017-09-13
Jump to navigation Jump to search
An invite-only video discussion, where decisions are often finalized, generally Wednesday 13:00 USA West coast local time as of this writing. This meeting is often used for grooming the backlog for the TechCom-RFC board. (private minutes)
- Wednesday’s IRC discussion was about all things JobQueue: https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/User:Daniel_Kinzler_(WMDE)/Job_Queue
- RFC declined as proposed: restructuring the MediaWiki repo https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T167038. Quite a few interesting ideas were discussed though, worth revisiting.
- Ongoing beta test: Using the Kafka based EventBus for JobQueues https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T157088
- Next week’s IRC discussion: Interrupt mutex manager (refactoring/generalizing PoolCounter) https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T161749
- PDF generation: Reading is taking ownership of Electron service; OCG scheduled to be shut down by the end of the month.
- Work starting on splitting out user information from the revision table (Brad)
- The program committee for the developer summit has been selected: https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Developer_Summit/2018#Program_Committee