Wikimedia Technical Committee/Minutes/2017-08-02
< Wikimedia Technical Committee | Minutes(Redirected from Wikimedia Technical Committee/2017-08-02)Jump to navigation Jump to search
An invite-only video discussion, where decisions are often finalized, generally Wednesday 1pm PT as of this writing. This meeting is often used for grooming the backlog for the TechCom-RFC board. (private minutes)
- Discussion of talk pages and contributions for IPv6 ranges happened on August 2nd, but the RFC’s author wasn’t present. The log is linked on the ticket. https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T171382#3496647
- New RFC by MaxSem: Require PHP 5.6 for MediaWiki 1.31 (target summer of 2018): https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T172165
- TechCom will host a session about the new charter during the Wikimania Hackathon. https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Talk:Architecture_committee/Charter
- The next TechCom meeting on August 9th will be a public in-person meeting at the Wikimania hackathon, at 4pm local time (that’s 1pm PDT and 20:00 UTC). This is a TechCom planning meeting, not an RFC discussion. Remote participation will be possible (probably via Google Hangout). Watch for aqn announcement in the Hackathon unconference programme. https://wikimania2017.wikimedia.org/wiki/Hackathon/Program
- There will be no RFC discussion on August 16th, since most TechCom members will be busy with post-Wikimania activities or travel. TechCom Will resume its regular schedule on August 23rd, the next RFC discussion will probably be on August 30th.