Wikimedia Security Team/Random Meetings/2019 09 16 Captcha Working Group
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Date/time: September 16th, 2019 - 11:30 AM PDT
Attending: David, Reedy, Evan, Scott
- Evan: update on reaching out to CE team.
- Evan reached out to Growth. And ML folks. Not much to discuss currently.
- Evan: update on Dan/Partnerships Google meeting.
- Dan and Evan chatted re: plan for Google. Secteam has this already in captcha options sheet - Evan to re-format as Doc or mw.org page.
- Evan: update on CPT product plan.
- CPT initiative: https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Core_Platform_Team/Initiative/Captcha/Initiative_Description. First step. What CPT feels they are able to do and how to get it done. In Initiative Tracking Process: near-term, next cal year, next fiscal year? Product team has as potential effort for annual plan 2019, but most likely not occurring. Evan getting light approval from Product to take over.
- David, Scott: update on reCaptcha non-starters
- See (2)
- David, Scott: update on captcha data collection/analysis from logs
- Will perhaps work on informally, make sense to perform during official project kickoff, part of early phase.
- Security Vendor Captcha research engagement
- Timeline? For sure happening? Scott to confirm.
- Other mitigations
- SFS production implementation, still work in progress.