Wikimedia Security Team/Council
This Charter establishes and defines the Wikimedia Foundation’s Security Council. The Security Council’s purpose and functions include, but are not limited to:
- Providing input to the Foundation’s Information Security Program.
- Helping prioritize security-related projects and initiatives based on Mission needs, goals, and available resources.
- Reviewing and approving Foundation information security policies and standards at certain established points in the policy creation and approval process.
- Helping plan and enforce ways to fully integrate sound and effective information security processes and best practices throughout the Foundation.
- Discuss and, when necessary, authoritatively resolve disputes involving IT security- and risk-related matters.
- Providing transparency and updates to security initiatives.
The Foundation Security Council shall at a minimum consist of:
- The Director of Security
- At least one Sr. Engineer, Manager or higher from SRE, Legal, Release Engineering, OIT, Talent & Culture, Community Engagement, and Trust & Safety.
Initial cadence of the Security Council will be monthly.