Wikimedia Release Engineering Team/Project/Differential Migration
To increase developer output by speeding up development and deployment feedback loops.
- Operations for needed changes to our infrastructure
Note:Must be kept in sync with Wikimedia Release Engineering Team/Goals/201617Year
|Not an official goal for WMF RelEng in Q1.||Phase 3 repository migration - task T130421|
Goal not in a specific quarter: Conclude RFC process - task T119908
- Documentation and workflow explanation - task T117058
- Note: This is most likely an on-going task that will continue even past the migration, but we hope to complete the majority of this in Q4
- Phase 1 repository migration - task T130418
- Spec out needed glue for Differential to Gearman to Nodepool - task T130949
- Not an official goal for WMF RelEng in Q1.
- Build glue from Differential to Gearman to Nodepool - task T130950
- Document workflow and creation of CI jobs in Differential - task T130952
- Phase 2 repo migration - task T130420
- puppet & dns
- random other stuff that's not used much
- Update Code Review related documentation on wiki pages from Gerrit to Differential - task T207
- Phase 3 repository migration - task T130421
- MediaWiki and WMF deployed extensions goal date March 31st
This project will enable us to increase developer effeciency by consolidating our code-review and project management tools into Phabricator.
Additionally, this will reduce the maintenance overhead that is incurred by having separate code-review and project management tools.
- Q2: By the end of Q2 we plan to have a system in place to manage Differential and Nodepool/Continuous Integration interaction, from the baseline of no system in place.
- Q3: 0% of WMF deployed repositories (but not MediaWiki and Extensions) are managed in Gerrit.
- Q4: 0% of WMF deployed repositories are managed in Gerrit.