Wikimedia Release Engineering Team/Project/Differential Migration
This page is obsolete. It is kept for historical interest only. It may document extensions or features that are obsolete and/or no longer supported. Do not rely on the information here being up-to-date.
The underlying RfC was declined, see T119908
To increase developer output by speeding up development and deployment feedback loops.
- TechOps - Puppet merges
- ArchCom - RFC shepherding
|Phase 3 repository migration - task T130421|
Goal not in a specific quarter: Conclude RFC process - task T119908
- Build glue from Differential to Gearman to Nodepool - task T130950 Done
- Document workflow and creation of CI jobs in Differential - task T130952 To do
- Phase 2 repo migration - task T130420 To do
- puppet & dns
- random other stuff that's not used much
- Update Code Review related documentation on wiki pages from Gerrit to Differential - task T207 To do
- Phase 3 repository migration - task T130421 To do
This project will enable us to increase developer efficiency by consolidating our code-review and project management tools into Phabricator.
Additionally, this will reduce the maintenance overhead that is incurred by having separate code-review and project management tools.
- Q0: By the end of Q2 we plan to have a system in place to manage Differential and Nodepool/Continuous Integration interaction, from the baseline of no system in place.
- Q1: 0% of WMF deployed repositories (but not MediaWiki and Extensions) are managed in Gerrit.
- Q2: 0% of WMF deployed repositories are managed in Gerrit.