Wikimedia Release Engineering Team/Checkin archive/20150113
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Guest: Antoine's daughter
- Computer History Museum on Saturday the 24th, 9:30am pickup time from hotel probably
- Zuul/Gerrit aren't talking again, needs a restart
- Someone help Chris with his ssh config :)
- Met with Arthur about team practices/process stuff. Arthur suggest a "value stream map". I did this as at least a start:
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/User:Cmcmahon/releng_process. Edit at will, and I'll show Arthur soon.
Scrum of Scrums
- Nothing outstanding
- Helping to get ready for the MW-Vagrant Install Party
- Establishing base unit-test coverage for plugin code ( https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T76627 )
- Collecting examples for Advanced Topics proposed session: https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T86070 - https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/MediaWiki_Developer_Summit_2015#Monday.2C_January_26
- General session is: https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/QA/Selenium_Workshop
- Refactoring the page object for Flow
- New TOC feature landed and only broke one thing, so I'll be picking up the pace here
- Will probably report upstream bugs because of this
- Need to update a VE test, I want to pair with Rummana on this if possible
- Slowly hacking on MMV/UW tests, low priority
- Want to start working with Dan's EAL when it's ready.
- (It's merged and ready!)
- Let's pair with feature devs to help educate
- Antoine: congrats!
- https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T85008 - Determine Trebuchet/git-deploy maintenance plan
https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/tag/continuous-integration/board/?order=priority Zuul deadlocks from time to time due to Gerrit not answering when Zuul report a comment and Zuul has no timeout
- That is a rather new issue, with root cause being Gerrit failling to reach its database
- Draft architecture to have Jenkins jobs in dispoable/isolated VMs: https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Continuous_integration/Architecture/Isolation
- multiple extensions tested together
- YuviPanda has been very active:
- removed almost all local hacks
- refactored a few puppet class
- moved some settings from operations/puppet.git to hiera ( https://wikitech.wikimedia.org/wiki/Hiera:Deployment-prep )
- Labs DNS issue fixed (all DNS entries had a 0 TTL disabling DNS caching entirely => mass queries => server overloaded => DNS failing).
- text / mobile caches transiently broken last week (vagrant issue)
- Željko at Test Automation Bazaar conference (Austin, Texas) January 14-19
- Jan 19th: MLK Day (US)
- Jan 20th - 27th: All Hands/Tech Days
- Antoine flying on Jan 19th. Rest on Friday Jan 30th. Relocating (same building though) around Feb 14th.
- Željko at FOSDEM conference (Brussels, Belgium) January 30-February 2
- May: Hackathon in Lyon, France
- Lyon used to be the capital of the area a long time ago. Nice old city, lot of great food, reasonably sunny/hot.