Wikimedia Release Engineering Team/CI Futures WG/2019 Mar 20
Jump to navigation Jump to search
WMF working group for the future of CI
On Google Hangouts Meet. Present:
The goal of this meeting is to review what's happened since yesterday's meeting and plan work until next meeting.
Actions from previous meeting:
- Done: Dan to evaluate JenkinsX
- Done: Brennen to evaluate Zuul v3
- Done: All to vote on hard requirements in Etherpad
- Lars: GoCD
- no progress, busy
- Brennen: Zuul v3
- Report in Phabricator: https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T218138
- Lars is against Ansible and thus Zv3
- Zuul handles gating and Gerrit integration well, and this is likely to be used in the future, too
- There is a sense that we do not particularly like Zuul, but cannot at this time exclude it for various reasons.
- Dan: Jenkins X
- Evaluated, cobbled together kitchen sink vibes. Would like to exclude.
- Seems huge for what it is.
- Concurring opinions from Brennen and Lars.
- Dan: Tekton
- Did have a little bit of time to check out Tekton, would like to spend a bit more.
- Zeljko: Spinnaker
- no progress
- Lars wrote an incomplete first draft. Discussion.
- Link in meeting invite.
- Can we start filling in FIXMEs? Evaluations for candidates
- TODO: All to summarize their software evaluations as ~1 paragraph for report.
- TODO: Brennen to evaluate Spinnaker