Wikimedia Release Engineering Team/CI Futures WG/2019 Mar 18
Jump to navigation Jump to search
WMF working group for the future of CI
On Google Hangouts Meet. Present:
The goal of this meeting is to review what's happened since yesterday's meeting and plan work until next meeting.
Actions from previous meeting:
- Done: Lars: https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T217595 (Concourse CI)
- Done: Lars to document how to build Blubber and run unit tests in CI
- TODO: Dan to evaluate JenkinsX
- TODO: Brennen to evaluate Zuul v3
- Done: Zeljko to evaluate HarborMaster
- Done: Zeljko to take a quick second look at sourcehut
- Done: Lars to set up list for voting after this meeting
- TODO: All to vote on hard requirements in Etherpad
- Done: Zeljko to create some tickets for remaining candidates
- Done: Dan to reparent the Jenkins X ticket to the main WG ticket
- Done: Zeljko to have a look at sourcehut
- Done: Lars to check with Greg on how to report
- Lars has asked Greg for how WG should report.
- Concourse - Lars hasn't gotten the "build Blubber" toy project done.
- Might be due to insufficient effort in reading documentation, but it'd be better to not have to study hard to start using.
- Lars can't recommend.
- Discussion? Shall we close the task? (https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T217595)
- We decided to exclude Concourse.
- We excluded a few others. Remaining: GitLab CI/CD, GoCD, Jenkins X, sourcehut builds, Spinnaker, Zuul v3
- What shall we aim to still evaluate this week?
- Lars: GoCD
- Brennen: Zuul v3
- Dan: Jenkins X
- Zeljko: Spinnaker
Hard requirements voting
ongoing, will be finished after meeting.
- Proposal: Lars to draft something on Wed/Thu, we discussion Thu/Fri, finish and send to releng list on Monday before team weekly meeting
- explain the evaluation process
- discuss the very hard criteria, with justification
- list candidates with short one-paragraph summaries of what they're like
- propose a tool or set of tools or possible alternatives for WMF CI, with justification
- could be "one of these, depending on $whatever"
- suggest next actions for releng