Wikimedia Release Engineering Team/CI Futures WG/Meetings/2019-03-08
< Wikimedia Release Engineering Team | CI Futures WG(Redirected from Wikimedia Release Engineering Team/CI Futures WG/2019 Mar 08)Jump to navigation Jump to search
WMF working group for the future of CI
On Google Hangouts Meet. Present:
The goal of this meeting is to review what's happened since yesterday's meeting and plan work until next meeting.
Actions from previous meeting:
- Done: Lars to write up GitLab-CI evaluation in ticket.
- TODO: Lars: https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T217595 (Concourse CI)
- Done: Brennen to take next piece of software for evaluation off the stack once spreadsheet is more filled out.
- Done: Dan to reach out to mobile developers at WMF to gather requirements for what's needed for building and testing moble apps in CI.
- Done: Brennen to create ticket for evaluation of sourcehut
- TODO: Brennen to double-check gerrithub
- TODO: Željko to continue to look for more possible candidates
- Done: Lars to draft next blog post
- Brennen has evaluated sourcehut.
- Notes to be posted here: https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T217852
- Build workers for iOS building.
- Need to be Mac hardware running OS X.
- OIT seems happy to host MacMinis for OS X build works for CI, if need be.
- Lars suspects this is good enough, for now.
- Lars has evaluated GitLab-CI. See https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T217594
- TODO: Lars to look at Concourse CI.
- Still in progress.
- Discussion about containers as build workers.
- Non-Linux builds.
- Building things that can't be done in a (docker) container.
- Draft blog post
- When shall we meet next? What should we do by then?
- TODO: Lars to suggest something for next week and wrangle a commonly suitable time
- TODO: Lars to document how to build Blubber and run unit tests in CI
- TODO: Dan to evaluate JenkinsX
- TODO: Brennen to evaluate Zuul v3
- Extra diligence on this one as we're already using Zuul and Antoine has given us feedback that he's biased in favor of this direction.
- TODO: Zeljko to evaluate HarborMaster