Wikimedia Release Engineering Team/CI Futures WG/2019 Mar 07

Jump to navigation Jump to search


The goal of this meeting is to review what's happened since yesterday's meeting and plan work until next meeting.

Actions from previous meeting:

  • Done: Lars to check with his friend Vince about what NetSurf does for OS X building
  • Done: Brennen to also ask his own friend
  • Done: Dan to help debug the Blubber build problem with Lars.
  • Done: Lars: (GitLab CI)
  • TODO: Lars: (Concourse CI)
  • Done: Brennen to continue work on spreadsheet during the day.
  • Done: Brennen to add "open core y/n" to spreadsheet.
  • TODO: Brennen to take next piece of software for evaluation off the stack once spreadsheet is more filled out.
  • TODO: Dan to reach out to mobile developers at WMF to gather requirements for what's needed for building and testing moble apps in CI.


  • Lars talked to Vince about OS X building. Vince uses Apple hardware and it's fragile.
  • Brennen heard pretty much the same.
  • We can rent managed Macs.
  • Lars has to evaluated GitLab-CI.
    • TODO: Write up in ticket.
  • Discussion on Jon Robson's meeting on and
    • Seem sensible.
    • Might not be directly relevant to the WG.
    • Supporting a dev-customisable command to run before build and deploy seems like a good thing to have.
    • Neither ticket seems directly relevant to the WG. We will empower developers to do what they need to do.
    • TODO: Lars to ask Robson to invite Brennen to the meeting.
  • When shall we meet next? What should we do by then?
    • Candidate for Brennen to pick.
      • TODO: Brennen to create ticket for evaluation of sourcehut
      • TODO: Brennen to double-check gerrithub
      • TODO: Željko to continue to look for more possible candidates
    • Next meeting: Friday 16:00 UTC


  • TODO: Lars to draft next blog post