Wikimedia Language engineering/Daily/2013

From MediaWiki.org
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Wikimedia Language engineering team meetings, 2013: October to December

Contents

December[edit]

Stand-up-up meeting 2013-12-31[edit]

  • Team open patches _ (+_)
  • Integration tests: green RED

אמיר (Amir)

  • עשיתי:
    • Helped Kartik with the log story
    • tried to review the CLDR stories
  • אעשה:
    • help with MLEB tests
  • צריך:
કાર્તિક (Kartik)
  • કર્યું:
    • #3914: Logging story.
  • કરીશ:
    • Release notes for MLEB.
    • Get reviewed release notes, upload, email after testing is done.
  • જરુરિયાત!:
Niklas
  • Tein:
  • Teen:
  • Tarvin:
Pau
  • Fet:
    • Meeting with Siebrand to review/update stories for Content Translation
  • A fer:
    • Other projects
  • Necessitats:
রুণা (Runa)
  • সমাপ্ত কাজ:
  • চলমান কাজ:
  • প্রয়োজন:
സന്തോഷ് (Santhosh)
  • ചെയ്തു:
  • ചെയ്യും:
  • വേണം:
সুচেতা (Sucheta)
  • সমাপ্ত কাজ:
    • MLEB testing done on
      • master/Firefox
      • 1.21.3/Firefox
      • 1.22.0/Firefox
      • master/Chrome
      • 1.21.3/Chrome
      • 1.22.0/Chrome
      • master/Safari
      • 1.21.3/Safari
  • চলমান কাজ:
  • প্রয়োজন:
    • Need help with testing on 1.22.0/Safari. I don’t have Safari in my own machine, have been using CBT through my father’s, VPN is really really slow. So, would be helpful is someone confirms the tests: 147, 149 on the Spreadsheet.



Stand-up-up meeting 2013-12-30[edit]

  • Team open patches _ (+_)
  • Integration tests: RED

אמיר (Amir)

  • עשיתי:
    • A meeting with ;Pau about Sandbox testing
    • not much, was ill
  • אעשה:
    • Logging
  • צריך:
કાર્તિક (Kartik)
  • કર્યું:
    • RC tarball of MLEB → Sucheta for testing.
    • #3914 + more reading about it.
  • કરીશ:
    • Complete: #3914, atleast, #3922
    • Release notes for MLEB after testing is finished.
  • જરુરિયાત!:
Niklas
  • Tein:
  • Teen:
  • Tarvin:
Pau
  • Fet:
    • Review UX observations from Amir
    • UX explore day
  • A fer:
    • Review Content Translation stories
  • Necessitats:
রুণা (Runa)
  • সমাপ্ত কাজ:
  • চলমান কাজ:
  • প্রয়োজন:
സന്തോഷ് (Santhosh)
  • ചെയ്തു:
  • ചെയ്യും:
  • വേണം:
সুচেতা (Sucheta)
  • সমাপ্ত কাজ: Testing, testing, testing! Not much during the weekend.
  • চলমান কাজ: Moar testing. MLEB story should be done by tomorrow.
  • প্রয়োজন:

Stand-up-up meeting 2013-12-27[edit]

  • Team open patches 50
  • Integration tests: green RED

אמיר (Amir)

  • עשיתי:
    • Tel-Aviv hackathon
  • אעשה:
    • help Kartik with logging
    • finally talk to ;Pau about the Stash
  • צריך:
કાર્તિક (Kartik)
  • કર્યું:
    • Help Sucheta to debug ConfirmEmail review. Story: #3916 is ready for signup. Also tested it with different a/c etc.
    • RC release of MLEB 2013.12
    • Work on #3914.
    • Not well on later part of the day. Took rest.
    • Code reviews.
  • કરીશ:
    • Work on: #3914. Submit initial patch by EOD.
  • જરુરિયાત!:
Pau
  • Fet:
    • Other projects
  • A fer:
    • UX explore day
  • Necessitats:
সুচেতা (Sucheta)
  • সমাপ্ত কাজ:
    • Email confirmation story is done, ready for demo
    • Received tarball from Katrik, started with MLEB testing
  • চলমান কাজ:
    • MLEB testing
  • প্রয়োজন:
    • If PM wants a demo of the email confirmation story, I could demo it sometime today.

Stand-up-up meeting 2013-12-26[edit]

  • Team open patches _ (+_)
  • Integration tests: green RED

אמיר (Amir)

કાર્તિક (Kartik)
  • કર્યું:
    • Started work on: #3914.
    • Reading about Log classes and help from Amir to get it started.
    • Testing and review: Send Confirmation email (with clearing of local email settings)
  • કરીશ:
    • Work on #3914.
    • Review MLEB tasks later when time permits.
  • જરુરિયાત!:
Niklas
  • Tein:
  • Teen:
  • Tarvin:
Pau
  • Fet:
    • Other projects
  • A fer:
    • Other projects
  • Necessitats:
রুণা (Runa)
  • সমাপ্ত কাজ:
  • চলমান কাজ:
  • প্রয়োজন:
സന്തോഷ് (Santhosh)
  • ചെയ്തു:
  • ചെയ്യും:
  • വേണം:
সুচেতা (Sucheta)
  • সমাপ্ত কাজ
    • #3921 - done.
  • চলমান কাজ:
    • MLEB testing?
  • প্রয়োজন:

Stand-up-up meeting 2013-12-25[edit]

  • Team open patches _ (+_)
  • Integration tests: green RED

אמיר (Amir)

  • עשיתי:
    • Helped Kartik and Sucheta with 3916 and 3912
  • אעשה:
    • 3914 - Translator sandbox should log message key instead of hard coded text
  • צריך:
કાર્તિક (Kartik)
Niklas - holiday
  • Tein:
  • Teen:
  • Tarvin:
Pau - holiday
  • Fet:
  • A fer:
  • Necessitats:
রুণা (Runa) - away
  • সমাপ্ত কাজ:
  • চলমান কাজ:
  • প্রয়োজন:
സന്തോഷ് (Santhosh)
  • ചെയ്തു:
  • ചെയ്യും:
  • വേണം:
সুচেতা (Sucheta)
  • সমাপ্ত কাজ:
    • #3921 - Code Review send email notification
    • 1:1 with Alolita
  • চলমান কাজ:
  • প্রয়োজন:



Stand-up-up meeting 2013-12-24[edit]

  • Team open patches _ (+_)
  • Integration tests: green RED

אמיר (Amir)

  • עשיתי:
  • אעשה:
  • צריך:
કાર્તિક (Kartik)
Niklas
  • Tein:
  • Teen:
  • Tarvin:
Pau
  • Fet:
    • Sprint planning meetings
  • A fer:
    • Other projects
  • Necessitats:
রুণা (Runa)
  • সমাপ্ত কাজ:
  • চলমান কাজ:
  • প্রয়োজন:
സന്തോഷ് (Santhosh)
  • ചെയ്തു:
  • ചെയ്യും:
  • വേണം:
সুচেতা (Sucheta)
  • সমাপ্ত কাজ:
  • চলমান কাজ:
  • প্রয়োজন:

Stand-up-up meeting 2013-12-20[edit]

  • Team open patches 38 (-2)
  • Integration tests: RED

אמיר (Amir)

કાર્તિક (Kartik)
  • કર્યું:
    • #3905: Patch merged.
    • #3906: Documentation.
  • કરીશ:
    • Pickup task from: #3892.
    • Fontbook blog post review.
    • Code reviews.
  • જરુરિયાત!:
Niklas
  • Tein:
    • Collection of fixes and cr for sandbox
    • Helped kartik with json extension workflow (KM: Thank you!)
    • Weekly meeting
    • Meeting with Globalize/CLDR.js
    • Worked on ULS language selector opening performance
      • Now it seems to be dominated by $.fn.scrollIntoView taking 300 ms(!)
  • Teen:
    • Fix the regression in the json extension workflow (if not fixed already)
    • Clean and submit ULS patch
  • Tarvin:
Pau
রুণা (Runa)
സന്തോഷ് (Santhosh)
সুচেতা (Sucheta)

Stand-up-up meeting 2013-12-19[edit]

  • Team open patches 40 (+2)
  • Integration tests: RED
    • One failing scenario in Translate - I suspect interference from TwnMainPage tests

אמיר (Amir)

કાર્તિક (Kartik)
Niklas
  • Tein:
    • Main page meeting, testing session, research show case, Architecture RFC
    • Almost fixed all browser tests
    • Helped Kartik with the json story
  • Teen:
    • Main page aka sandbox?
    • Lunch meeting
    • Weekly
  • Tarvin:
Pau
রুণা (Runa)
  • সমাপ্ত কাজ:
  • চলমান কাজ:
  • প্রয়োজন:
സന്തോഷ് (Santhosh)
সুচেতা (Sucheta)

Stand-up-up meeting 2013-12-18[edit]

  • Team open patches 38 (-6)
  • Integration tests: RED
    • One job failing in each of three extensions

אמיר (Amir)

  • עשיתי:
    • meeting with Zeljko, made some ULS tests pass
    • Sandbox: ;Pau’s etherpad is empty, now there’s Runa’s etherpad
  • אעשה:
  • צריך:
કાર્તિક (Kartik)
  • કર્યું:
  • કરીશ:
    • Test, Merge & Done: #3905
    • Sandbox Meeting.
    • 1:1
  • જરુરિયાત!:
    • ;Niklas
  • Tein:
    • SoS, 1:1
    • Main page, helping Kartik
    • Left comments on Roan’s patches, he said he will have something this week
  • Teen:
    • Testing session with Željko
  • Tarvin:
Pau
  • Fet:
    • Other projects and meetings
  • A fer:
    • Review TUX new translator workflow
  • Necessitats:
রুণা (Runa)
  • সমাপ্ত কাজ:
  • চলমান কাজ:
  • প্রয়োজন:
സന്തോഷ് (Santhosh)
সুচেতা (Sucheta)

Stand-up-up meeting 2013-12-17[edit]

  • Team open patches 44 (-5)
  • Integration tests: RED
    • ULS job failing for 6 days in a row
    • Translate job failing for 2 weeks in a row

אמיר (Amir)

  • עשיתי:
    • Sandbox stuff
  • אעשה:
    • Review Roan’s commits?
  • צריך:
    • review sandbox commits
કાર્તિક (Kartik)
  • કર્યું:
    • Finished: #3790: Character Count.
    • Work on: #3905: JSON support for mediawiki-defines.txt
    • QA retrospective meeting.
    • Misc code reviews for font addition.
  • કરીશ:
    • #3905: JSON support for mediawiki-defines.txt
    • Code review(s), if needed.
  • જરુરિયાત!:
    • None. Will ask ;Niklas/Team if stuck at #3905.
Niklas
  • Tein:
    • Helping here and there
    • QA retrospective
  • Teen:
    • Code review?
    • Finishing the signup story
  • Tarvin:
    • Tests…
    • https://etherpad.wikimedia.org/p/tux
      • Feedback on the first bullet at user creation
      • Is first bullet of review user requests done?
      • Help for reproducing the second bullet
      • More clarifications of the third bullet would be helpful
Pau
  • Fet:
    • Review errors messages and style for TUX-Review
    • Fight with Gerrit
  • A fer:
    • Clarifications about TUX design review
    • Other projects
  • Necessitats:
রুণা (Runa)
  • সমাপ্ত কাজ:
    • QA meeting, reading and other documentation. Helped Sucheta with a submission for FOSDEM
  • চলমান কাজ:
    • Follow up on the QA retrospective document
    • Check for any other urgent things before I go into slow-mode from tomorrow
  • প্রয়োজন:
    • Don’t see any task card for the sandbox feature testing yet (discussed this at the daily yesterday).
സന്തോഷ് (Santhosh)
সুচেতা (Sucheta)

Stand-up-up meeting 2013-12-16[edit]

  • Team open patches 49
  • Integration tests: RED

אמיר (Amir)

કાર્તિક (Kartik)
Niklas
  • Tein:
    • Sandbox review bug fixes
    • Character edit stats scripts ran and output given to Kartik
    • Reading Smashing book 4 (on my own time…) - already learned some things I could do better
  • Teen:
    • SMW and update.php are misbehaving on translatewiki.net. It is using the global $wgDbTableOptions incorrectly, so BC modifications done to that are not taken into account. Planning to report a bug and fix our $wgDbTableOptions setting.
    • Review and implementation of sandbox review issues
  • Tarvin:
    • I’ve added patches (and few comments) to https://etherpad.wikimedia.org/p/tux
    • I’ve noticed an inefficiency in twn backups: /root is synced before logrotate compresses database dump, so we are syncing 1 uncompressed and 1 compressed db dump each night, resulting in ~1G size increase every night (in comparison all the rest if prolly 200M or so). No time to work on this very soon. Help welcome.
Pau
  • Fet:
    • CSS adjustments for Sandbox
  • A fer:
    • Other projects
  • Necessitats:
রুণা (Runa)
  • সমাপ্ত কাজ:
    • OpenType specification - reading and learning
  • চলমান কাজ:
    • Meeting for the testing workflow
    • * প্রয়োজন:
    • Need a task to do another round of the manual testing of the sandbox features
സന്തോഷ് (Santhosh)
  • ചെയ്തു:
    • Spent time on non-sprint activities(Experimentation & learning)
      • https://etherpad.wikimedia.org/p/cldr_23_vs_24 Noted that much differences for MW plural rules between version 23 and 24. If we are planning this in future - tests might need correction or discussion with community
      • Misc reading/learning/practicing
      • Wrote 3 sections in fontbook
    • CRs
  • ചെയ്യും:
    • Check with Roan about the update on localization format
    • Will review sandbox patches
  • വേണം:

Stand-up-up meeting 2013-12-13[edit]

  • Team > Getting this done > Process
  • Team open patches 42 (-3)
  • Integration tests: RED
    • Yes we have failing tests (Translate hasn’t been green for 9 days)

אמיר (Amir)

  • עשיתי:
    • sandbox emails - done
    • meeting about remaining sandbox items, and working on that
  • אעשה:
  • צריך:
કાર્તિક (Kartik)
  • કર્યું:
    • Code reviews (mostly non-sprint)
    • Reading RFC and understanding #3905 from ;Niklas.
    • Weekly team meeting.
  • કરીશ:
  • જરુરિયાત!:
    • ;Niklas: How to get start with script on Wikipedia server?
Niklas
  • Tein:
    • Commented on RFC
    • Work on Translate
  • Teen:
    • Fix issues in ;Pau’s review
    • Run scripts on WMF
  • Tarvin:
Pau
রুণা (Runa)
  • সমাপ্ত কাজ:
  • চলমান কাজ:
    • Mostly non-sprint work. LCMD Documents (working with Harsh)
    • Preparing for the meeting with Zeljko on Monday
  • প্রয়োজন:
സന്തോഷ് (Santhosh)
সুচেতা (Sucheta)

Stand-up-up meeting 2013-12-12[edit]

  • Team > Getting this done > Process
  • Team open patches 45 (-8)
  • Integration tests: RED
    • Translate-sandbox job has failing tests
    • ULS-betacommons has failing tests (random failures?)

אמיר (Amir)


કાર્તિક (Kartik)
  • કર્યું:
    • Late office hours, missed it due to time zone confusion.
    • characterEditStats.php - on TWN done.
    • Code reviews.
  • કરીશ:
  • જરુરિયાત!:
    • ;Niklas: Help in running script/access/procedure etc.
      • NL: We can wait until it is deployed and I can then run it on all wikis
Niklas
  • Tein:
    • Test pairing session
      • Found one regression and refactored one test
    • Some code review
    • Office hours
  • Teen:
    • Fix the regression
    • Review Translate stuff
  • Tarvin:
Pau
  • Fet:
    • Reviewed Sandbox with Amir
  • A fer:
    • Amir’s patchsets
  • Necessitats:
রুণা (Runa)
  • সমাপ্ত কাজ:
  • চলমান কাজ:
    • Check LocalisationUpdate on one of the wmflabs wikis
    • Working on some LCMD documents
    • Setting up meeting with Zeljko
  • প্রয়োজন:
സന്തോഷ് (Santhosh)
সুচেতা (Sucheta)

Stand-up-up meeting 2013-12-11[edit]

  • Team > Getting this done > Process
  • Team open patches 53 (+0)
  • Integration tests: RED
    • TwnMainPage and Translate on sandbox failing

אמיר (Amir)

કાર્તિક (Kartik)
  • કર્યું:
    • 1:1
    • Code reviews.
  • કરીશ:
    • Make sure scripts/characterEditStats.php is merged.
    • Code reviews.
    • Run scripts/characterEditStats.php on TWN.
  • જરુરિયાત!:
Niklas
Pau
  • Fet:
    • All kinds of meetings: Sprint planning, 1:1, Weekly design meeting
  • A fer:
    • Review emails for translators
  • Necessitats:
রুণা (Runa)
  • সমাপ্ত কাজ:
  • চলমান কাজ:
    • Fixing the wikis on http://mlebtesting.wmflabs.org/
    • Shall also try to run LocalisationUpdate once its fixed
    • (No sprint tasks for me at the moment in the stories on the sprint backlog)
    • Office hour
  • প্রয়োজন:
    • May need help from ;Niklas on the wmflabs instance because he just set his wiki up yesterday
      • You know how to ping me ;) :D


സന്തോഷ് (Santhosh)

Stand-up-up meeting 2013-12-09[edit]

  • Team open patches 53 (-1)
  • Integration tests: RED
    • All sandbox tests failing

אמיר (Amir)

  • עשיתי:
    • many commits with tests and fixes for the translator sandbox
  • אעשה:
    • help with reviewing tests and fixes for the translator sandbox
    • emails and logging for translator sandbox, probably with Kartik
  • צריך:
    • review for the commits in Translate
      • Add functionality and tests for clearing languages selection - jenkins marked build failure
      • other commit links?
કાર્તિક (Kartik)
Niklas
  • Tein:
    • Nothing ;)
  • Teen:
    • Testing session with Željko
    • I18n meeting
  • Tarvin:
Pau
  • Fet:
    • Other projects
  • A fer:
    • Review Translator Sandbox changes
  • Necessitats:
রুণা (Runa)
  • সমাপ্ত কাজ:
    • All sprint work done. Blog post submitted for publication
  • চলমান কাজ:
    • LCMD work and office hour preparation
  • প্রয়োজন:
സന്തോഷ് (Santhosh)
সুচেতা (Sucheta)
  • সমাপ্ত কাজ:
  • চলমান কাজ:
  • প্রয়োজন:


Stand-up-up meeting 2013-12-06[edit]

  • Team open patches _ (+_)
  • Integration tests: green RED
  • Task bowl status:
    • unassigned tasks: 12
    • Santhosh- Finished 13, Inprogress 1
    • ;Niklas- Finished 4
    • Kartik- Finished 4
    • Amir- Finished 3, In progress 4
    • ;Pau - Finished 2
    • Runa- Finished 3

אמיר (Amir)

  • עשיתי:
    • Tests and code review for TranslatorSandbox
    • Tests for Autonym
  • אעשה:
    • TranslatorSandbox
  • צריך:
    • ;Pau: another assessment of TranslatorSandbox issues
કાર્તિક (Kartik)
  • કર્યું:
    • Reported some issues with AutonymFonts. With help from Amir/Runa.
    • WIP: email accept-reject users.
    • Updated AutonymFont to latest version, Screenshoted again.
    • Team meeting.
    • Review of Runa’s post.
  • કરીશ:
    • Fix Autonym issues reported by Amir.
    • Code reviews.
  • જરુરિયાત!:
Niklas
  • Tein:
  • Teen:
  • Tarvin:
Pau
  • Fet:
    • Other projects
  • A fer:
    • Review Sandbox changes
    • Explore UX day: grid system
  • Necessitats:
    • Where to review Sandbox changes? Master? Specific patch ____?
রুণা (Runa)
സന്തോഷ് (Santhosh)
সুচেতা (Sucheta)

Stand-up-up meeting 2013-12-05[edit]

  • Team open patches 54 (+5)
  • Integration tests: RED
    • The WIP tests for translator sandbox are failing

אמיר (Amir)

  • עשיתי:
  • אעשה:
    • more tests for the translator sandbox, with ;Niklas
  • צריך:
    • Report bugs for Translate Sandbox less priority items
કાર્તિક (Kartik)
  • કર્યું:
    • More tests on Autonym; collecting possible issues.
    • 1:1
    • Code reviews+some easy merges.
  • કરીશ:
    • Weekly team meeting.
    • Code reviews.
    • Report any issues found from AutonymFont tests, followup for it.
    • Email accept/reject translator.
  • જરુરિયાત!:
Niklas
  • Tein:
    • Integration tests, integration tests, integration tests
    • 1:1
    • Fixed a bug in Translate reported by Siebrand
  • Teen:
    • Weekly
    • Day off tomorrow
  • Tarvin:
Pau
  • Fet:
  • A fer:
  • Necessitats:
রুণা (Runa)
  • সমাপ্ত কাজ:
  • চলমান কাজ:
    • setting up mediawiki instances on lab for our mleb testing environment
  • প্রয়োজন:
    • Please review the blog post. Submitting for publication later today.
സന്തോഷ് (Santhosh)
  • ചെയ്തു:
    • Filter translators by language in Special:TranslatorSandbox
    • Search for translators in Special:TranslatorSandbox
    • CRs
    • Fixed rendering error in Bishnupriya Manipuri
  • ചെയ്യും:
  • * വേണം:


সুচেতা (Sucheta)
  • সমাপ্ত কাজ:
  • চলমান কাজ:
  • প্রয়োজন:

Stand-up-up meeting 2013-12-04[edit]

  • Team open patches 49 (+3)
  • Integration tests: green

אמיר (Amir)

  • עשיתי:
    • Made the tests green with Zeljko and did some refactoring.
    • TanslatorSandbox:
      • got clarifications from ;Pau about design
      • Fixed some more issues
    • Autonym
  • אעשה:
    • try to finish whatever I can with Autonym
    • review CLDR plurals patches
    • TanslatorSandbox work
  • צריך:
    • Autonym - tried to add glyphs for ‘cu’, but had some problems, need help.
    • Autonym - can anything be done about hinting?
      • (ST: please define problem-which browser(or which exact screenshot?)
  *** All browser on Windows XP at http://crossbrowsertesting.com/users/34057/screenshots/z550becc3a2fd6335b4b/public
    • pairing with ;Niklas on TanslatorSandbox would be nice.
કાર્તિક (Kartik)
Niklas bunnies
  • Tein:
    • Deployed Translate performance fixes. Improvement was better than expected
    • Worked on Composer but got stuck again (filed a bug against SMW)
    • Got a nice letter from university
    • Some review so that the number of open patches don’t explode
    • SoS
  • Teen:
    • Finish the tests for Translate performance story
    • Testing session with Željko
  • Tarvin:
Pau
  • Fet:
    • Discuss with Amir UX review for #3475
    • Other projects
  • A fer:
    • Other projects and meetings
  • Necessitats:
রুণা (Runa)
സന്തോഷ് (Santhosh)
  • ചെയ്തു:
    • CLDR 24 javascript parser done. 1379 tests passing-100%
    • Integrated new parser to jquery.i18n
    • Fixed: Bug 54514 - 1= plural rule not working for Russian (and maybe other languages)
    • Fixed: Bug 46422 - convertPlural makes using 0= and 1= rules impossible
    • CR
  • ചെയ്യും:
    • * വേണം:
সুচেতা (Sucheta)

Stand-up-up meeting 2013-12-03[edit]

  • Team open patches 46 (-1)
  • Integration tests: RED (streak 3)
    • Timeout in sandwiki ULS test - NL: Initiated re-run
    • One test is failing for ULS commons - might be a regression from yesterdays refactoring

אמיר (Amir)

  • עשיתי:
    • mostly tests for Special:ManageTranslatorSandbox
    • rtl bugfixes
  • אעשה:
    • fix tests with Zeljko
    • Autonym - issues 43, 44 (very simple)
    • go on with ManageTranslatorSandbox
  • צריך:
    • Santhosh: Autonym - issue 6, not sure what to do
    • ;Pau: some information about expected functionality in Special:ManageTranslatorSandbox
કાર્તિક (Kartik)
Niklas
  • Tein:
    • Blog entry published-link?
    • Tried to fix the mess of semantic extensions which are only installable from composer at translatewiki.net
    • Testing session with Željko
  • Teen
    • Deploy Translate fixes (have to cherry pick them to two newly created branches)
    • Check what kind of tests we can do for that
    • SoS
    • See if I can figure out solution for the composer thing in an hour
  • Tarvin:
Pau
  • Fet:
  • A fer:
    • Other projects
  • Necessitats:
    • For #3475 (Sandbox: Show translations in review) to be completed we need to meet acceptance criteria “#3 Looks and behaves as described in the designs”. There are no tasks to do so in Mingle (or parts splitted for separate stories).
রুণা (Runa)
സന്തോഷ് (Santhosh)
সুচেতা (Sucheta)

Stand-up-up meeting 2013-12-02[edit]

  • Team open patches 47 (+7)
  • Integration tests: RED (streak 2)
    • Random false failures in ULS ime tests
    • ULS Autonym font test still failing -> ;Niklas

אמיר (Amir)

કાર્તિક (Kartik)
Niklas
  • Tein:
    • Asked for deployment window for Tuesday morning
    • Helped Niharika (OPW) on IRC about interlanguage links
    • Working on a blog post about pet project (and getting my blog indexed on Google with my face)
    • Fixed translatewiki.net backup scripts
    • For fun: insertables for osm website: https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/98397
  • Teen:
    • Testing session with Željko (can fix the failing test)
    • After that lunch, visiting the city, back later
  • Tarvin:
Pau
  • Fet:
    • other projects
  • A fer:
    • Review UX for Translation sandbox (did the task disappear?)
  • Necessitats:
রুণা (Runa)
  • সমাপ্ত কাজ:
  • চলমান কাজ:
  • প্রয়োজন:
സന്തോഷ് (Santhosh)
সুচেতা (Sucheta)
  • Not present.

Siebrand

  • Mingle is spewing errors. Contacted Erik Möller. He indicated we will be moving to the ThoughtWorks hosted version someday soon. In the meantime, we’ll be getting our license updated soon.

November[edit]

Stand-up-up meeting 2013-11-29[edit]

  • Team open patches 40 (-3)
  • Integration tests: RED
    • Autonym font test failing -> Amir

אמיר (Amir)

  • עשיתי:
    • absent yesterday
  • אעשה:
    • help with MLEB
    • help with Autonym
  • צריך:
કાર્તિક (Kartik)
Niklas
Pau
  • Fet:
    • Other projects
  • A fer:
    • Focus day + meetings
  • Necessitats:
রুণা (Runa)
  • সমাপ্ত কাজ:
    • Reviewed MLEB Release Notes
    • Non-sprint work (inlcuding expense reports, following up on some bugs/discussions etc)
  • চলমান কাজ:
    • Mostly non-sprint work (preparations for meetings etc.)
  • প্রয়োজন:
സന്തോഷ് (Santhosh)
  • ചെയ്തു:
  • ചെയ്യും:
  • വേണം:
সুচেতা (Sucheta)
  • সমাপ্ত কাজ:
  • চলমান কাজ:
  • প্রয়োজন:

Stand-up-up meeting 2013-11-28[edit]

  • Team open patches 44 (-12)
  • Integration tests: green

אמיר (Amir)

  • עשיתי:
    • Fixed some issues with ManageTranslatorSandbox, got some more review comments from ;Pau
    • Worked with ;Niklas on testing ManageTranslatorSandbox
  • אעשה:
    • Mostly absent today. When I have time:
      • Autonym issues (discussed with Santhosh)
      • MLEB help?
  • צריך:
કાર્તિક (Kartik)
Niklas (absent)
  • Tein:
    • Translate performance. I added profiling code, shared some analysis on skype and refactored Translate frontend for performance. Made it 66.6% faster on translatewiki.net by installing FastStringSearch extensions. The frontend refactoring should resolve the immediate issue, but the group selector is still likely to be slow on meta, because it is still loading many properties, namely priority* properties which are the slowest on my testwiki. If there is nothing obvious to fix in the priority properties, I suggest we delay further optimization to next, when we get the profiling deployed.
    • Pairing session with Željko
  • Teen:
    • Fixing the Translate BC bug if nobody else does it before I’m back and MLEB is not released.
    • Will check status when I’m back
  • Tarvin:
Pau
  • Fet:
    • Review Translation review patchset by Amir
    • Meetings
  • A fer:
    • Other projects
  • Necessitats:
রুণা (Runa)
  • সমাপ্ত কাজ:
    • Story 3857: Task: 3861 - MLEB testing done.
      • Story status: 2 tasks done, 1 in progress, 2 not started
  • চলমান কাজ:
    • To add and cleanup ‘Known Bugs’ section in release notes. - Kartik’s need section
    • Non-sprint work: Preparations for meetings etc next week and other documentation work.
    • ((possibly taking a break after the daily; ongoing powercut))
  • প্রয়োজন:


സന്തോഷ് (Santhosh)
সুচেতা (Sucheta)
  • সমাপ্ত কাজ:
  • চলমান কাজ:
  • প্রয়োজন:

Stand-up-up meeting 2013-11-27[edit]

  • Team open patches 58 (-7)
  • Integration tests: RED
    • One ULS test failing, fix in gerrit?

אמיר (Amir)

  • עשיתי:
  • אעשה:
    • MLEB as needed (it’s urgent-ish, so please let me know how I can help)
    • Main page stories UI and tests.
  • צריך:
કાર્તિક (Kartik)
Niklas
  • Tein:
    • SoS
  • Teen:
    • Translate performance
  • Tarvin:
Pau
  • Fet:
    • Meetings and Multimedia projects
  • A fer:
    • More meetings, and Growth projects
  • Necessitats:
রুণা (Runa)
  • সমাপ্ত কাজ:
  • চলমান কাজ:
  • প্রয়োজন:
    • Please mention (preferably on the talk page) any other information that may need to be added to the sessions that you led/participated in.
സന്തോഷ് (Santhosh)
               screenshot: http://imm.io/1kYKx
  • ചെയ്യും:
    • get js parser done
  • വേണം:
সুচেতা (Sucheta)
  • সমাপ্ত কাজ:
  • চলমান কাজ:
  • প্রয়োজন:

Stand-up-up meeting 2013-11-25[edit]

  • Team open patches 65 (+18!!)
  • Integration tests: RED
    • One broken test in ULS

אמיר (Amir)

  • עשיתי:
    • preferences bug - done
    • code review
  • אעשה:
  • צריך:
કાર્તિક (Kartik)
  • કર્યું:
    • Updated README for font addition/document. Merged.
    • Code reviews.
  • કરીશ:
    • Code reviews.
    • Code review and testing #3825
  • જરુરિયાત!:
Niklas
Pau
  • Fet:
    • Back from India
  • A fer:
    • Other projects
  • Necessitats:
রুণা (Runa)
  • সমাপ্ত কাজ:
  • চলমান কাজ:
    • Finalize the event report (possibly meeting with Alolita later in the day) - Add a task card for this.
    • Expense reports, etc
  • প্রয়োজন:
സന്തോഷ് (Santhosh)
  • ചെയ്തു:
    • Reviwed the changes to font.in files and updated the files
    • Wrote shellscripts to easily upate the js libraries in ULS https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/97470
    • Update the test page for Autonym test to make testing easy
    • Misc CR
  • ചെയ്യും:
    • CRs
    • Ask if any help needed
    • (Read emails, bugs, set up my new system for developement, did expense report)
  • വേണം:
সুচেতা (Sucheta)
  • সমাপ্ত কাজ: #3847 - done and closed on mingle. Could reproduce the error in the bug. (Weekend spent on studies and preparation for exam, mostly)
  • চলমান কাজ: #3846, have started with the fix.
  • প্রয়োজন: Need to understand NotifyTranslator more, shall ping Amir if anything comes up.

Stand-up-up meeting 2013-11-22[edit]

אמיר (Amir)

  • עשיתי:
    • tests and fixes for the preferences cards
    • still trying to configure wikidata
  • אעשה:
    • configure wikidata!
  • צריך:
કાર્તિક (Kartik)
  • કર્યું:
    • Code review, merges from Amir/Runa.
    • Work on font addition and document story. Collaboration with Runa.
    • #3822: Tested, verified https://bugzilla.wikimedia.org/56928
    • #3822: Tested and merged browser tests.
  • કરીશ:
    • #3825: Finish wikibase setup with Amir.
    • Fix remaining font-addition and cleanup at the EOD.
  • જરુરિયાત!:
    • Amir: Help for Wikibase setup (we’re on it now!)
Niklas
  • Tein:
    • Browser tests for ULS
  • Teen:
    • Can have a look at the failing browser tests
  • Tarvin:
    • Anything I can do for “Save and use preferences”?
Pau
  • Fet:
    • Other projects (Growth and Multimedia)
  • A fer:
    • Other projects (Growth and Multimedia)
  • Necessitats:
রুণা (Runa)
സന്തോഷ് (Santhosh)
  • ചെയ്തു:
    • emails. reading.
    • code review, also checked the merged code for source tracking for default fonts
    • Update the local copy of preferences before saving to reflect other module changes https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/96957/
  • ചെയ്യും:
    • complete the email backlog- Siebrand asked to check antonym font discussions.
    • get the new toy ready for work. carbon X1
      • <3 <3!!
    • CRs
    • See if we can combine preferences from multiple modules to single api hit. (when you change preferences in multiple modules)
  • വേണം:
সুচেতা (Sucheta)
  • সমাপ্ত কাজ: #3847
    • Mostly done. Would need to see if there’s anything more left for the setup to be completed.
  • চলমান কাজ: #3846
    • Fixing the NotifyTranslators bug
  • প্রয়োজন:

Stand-up-up meeting 2013-11-21[edit]

  • Team open patches _ (+_)
  • Integration tests: green (well, red)

אמיר (Amir)

  • עשיתי:
  • אעשה:
  • צריך:
કાર્તિક (Kartik)
Niklas
  • Tein:
    • Blogged _____
    • Twn stats (?)
  • Teen:
    • ULS pref browser tests
  • Tarvin:
Pau
রুণা (Runa)
സന്തോഷ് (Santhosh)


সুচেতা (Sucheta)
  • সমাপ্ত কাজ:
  • চলমান কাজ:
  • প্রয়োজন:

Stand-up-up meeting 2013-11-15[edit]

  • Team open patches _ (+_)
  • Integration tests:

אמיר (Amir)

કાર્તિક (Kartik)
  • કર્યું:
    • Code review + Merges. Mainly Integration tests fixes by Željko.
    • Work on: 3824.
    • Setting of wikibase.
    • Few bugs testing etc.
  • કરીશ:
    • Continue on 3824
    • Finish Wikibase setup!
  • જરુરિયાત!:
Niklas
Pau
রুণা (Runa)


സന്തോഷ് (Santhosh)


সুচেতা (Sucheta)
  • সমাপ্ত কাজ:
  • চলমান কাজ:
  • প্রয়োজন:

Stand-up-up meeting 2013-11-14[edit]

  • Team open patches _ (+_)
  • Integration tests: green RED

אמיר (Amir)

  • עשיתי:
    • Wikidata setup, had progress, have still more work
  • אעשה:
    • Wikidata setup and fix
  • צריך:
કાર્તિક (Kartik)
  • કર્યું:
    • Code reviews.
    • 3825: Setting up wikibase, still on going.
    • 3824: Primary work on collecting font requests (additions/default)
  • કરીશ:
    • Code reviews.
    • Work on 3824/3825.
  • જરુરિયાત!:
Niklas


Pau
  • Fet:
    • Other projects
  • A fer:
    • Feedback design
  • Necessitats:
রুণা (Runa)
  • সমাপ্ত কাজ:
  • চলমান কাজ:
  • প্রয়োজন:
സന്തോഷ് (Santhosh)
  • ചെയ്തു:
    • Various ULS fixes
  • ചെയ്യും:
  • വേണം:
সুচেতা (Sucheta)
  • সমাপ্ত কাজ:
  • চলমান কাজ:
  • প্রয়োজন:

Stand-up-up meeting 2013-11-13[edit]

  • Team open patches 47 (+4)
  • Integration tests: green

אמיר (Amir)

  • עשיתי:
    • * אעשה:
  • צריך:


કાર્તિક (Kartik)


Niklas
  • Tein:
  • Teen:
  • Tarvin:


Pau
  • Fet:
    • Meetings
    • Small UI fixes
  • A fer:
    • Other projecs
  • Necessitats:


রুণা (Runa)


സന്തോഷ് (Santhosh)
  • ചെയ്തു:
  • ചെയ്യും:
  • വേണം:


সুচেতা (Sucheta)
  • সমাপ্ত কাজ:
  • চলমান কাজ:
  • প্রয়োজন:

Stand-up-up meeting 2013-11-11[edit]

  • Team open patches 43 (+7!)
  • All integration tests pass

אמיר (Amir)


કાર્તિક (Kartik)
  • કર્યું:
  • કરીશ:
    • Finish lab setting + Test ‘Telugu issue’ on CBT
    • Code reviews if needed.
  • જરુરિયાત!:


Niklas


Pau



রুণা (Runa)
  • সমাপ্ত কাজ:
    • Language Coverage data cleaned up(links?) - Document link
      • The database has been recreated and the language resources are now being pulled in from the repos directly.
    • More emails and coordination for summit participants
  • চলমান কাজ:
    • Office hour prep
    • Look at preparations for summit session which I am participating in
  • প্রয়োজন:
    • Everyone: Please go over the summit schedule to check if you have been marked for appropriate sessions
    • Amir: Did you want to do the regression tests today? I can help.


സന്തോഷ് (Santhosh)
সুচেতা (Sucheta)

Stand-up-up meeting 2013-11-08[edit]

  • Team open patches 36 (-6!)
  • All integration tests pass

אמיר (Amir)

  • עשיתי:
    • picked up the visa to India
    • code review
    • trying to debug ULS preferences
    • fixed MultimediaViewer RTL bug
    • Meetings: 1:1 with Arthur, Scrum Masters, Team
  • אעשה:
    • fix ULS preferences
    • anything else for ULS
  • צריך:
    • help for fixing ULS preferences bug


કાર્તિક (Kartik)
  • કર્યું:
    • Team meeting.
    • Email backlogs.
  • કરીશ:
    • Font size optimization attempt based on Santhosh’s spreadsheet/analysis
    • Code reviews.
    • Watch metrics meeting.
  • જરુરિયાત!:
    • Ask for code review or other tasks over weekend+1 days.


Niklas
  • Tein:
    • ULS: some evaluation
    • ULS: Amir found a bug
  • Teen:
    • Unclear
    • Watch metrics recording
  • Tarvin:
    • Priority for the bug found yesterday?


Pau
  • Fet:
    • Other projects and meetings
    • Prepare micro-task for OPW candidate
  • A fer:
    • Opimize cog sprite SVG
    • Go to Berlin
  • Necessitats:


রুণা (Runa)
  • সমাপ্ত কাজ:
    • More meetings and summit logistics (everyone now has hotels)
    • ar, cdo and zh-min-nan wikipedia VPs have been informed about the deactivation of the default fonts viz. https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/94113/
  • চলমান কাজ:
    • Language Coverage data clean up (really need to finish this)-
      • what exact clean up?
  *** Additional active Wiki projects and checking the resources for a manual verification. The script to check resources from the source repo was created after the initial data was imported into the LCMD database
  *** Possible enhancement to the current dataset, as and when the new fonts (or other resources are added to the main repo). The current practice is to check for fonts and input methods from gerrit and github repos directly. 
  *** Have a meeting later in the evening to discuss these possibilities, and extend the conversation during the summit.
    • Follow ups about the summit schedule
  • প্রয়োজন:


സന്തോഷ് (Santhosh)


সুচেতা (Sucheta)
  • সমাপ্ত কাজ:
  • চলমান কাজ:
  • প্রয়োজন:

Stand-up-up meeting 2013-11-07[edit]

  • Team open patches 42 (-3)
  • One failing scenario for ULS


אמיר (Amir)

  • עשיתי:
  • אעשה:
  • צריך:


કાર્તિક (Kartik)
  • કર્યું:
  • કરીશ:
  • જરુરિયાત!:


Niklas
  • Tein:
    • Fetched my visa
    • RnR-meeting
    • Little ULS review
  • Teen:
    • Investigate the test failure
  • Tarvin:


Pau
  • Fet:
    • Other projects
  • A fer:
    • Other projects
  • Necessitats:


রুণা (Runa)


സന്തോഷ് (Santhosh)


সুচেতা (Sucheta)
  • সমাপ্ত কাজ:
  • চলমান কাজ:
  • প্রয়োজন:

Stand-up-up meeting 2013-11-06[edit]

  • Team open patches 45 (-2)
  • Patches merged since last meeting 8 (~3 sprint related)
  • All integration tests green


אמיר (Amir)

  • עשיתי:
    • wgULSLanguage refactoring - mostly ready, have some questions for Santhosh
    • pairing with Zeljko, fixing build configurations
    • Flow i18n review
  • אעשה:
  • צריך:
    • clarifications from Santhosh about wgULSLanguage refactoring


કાર્તિક (Kartik)
  • કર્યું:
  • કરીશ:
  • જરુરિયાત!:


Niklas
  • Tein:
    • little ULS review
  • Teen:
    • fetch visa & other non-work meetings
    • irc meeting
    • review & coding if there are instructions
  • Tarvin:


Pau
  • Fet:
    • Replied to suggested bugs
  • A fer:
    • Meetings, and other projects
  • Necessitats:


রুণা (Runa)
  • সমাপ্ত কাজ:
    • Meetings - summit prep.
    • LCMD data clean up for the summit
  • চলমান কাজ:
    • More summit work. The sessions are being moved around after the suggestions for reconsideration. This should be ready today.
    • LCMD data clean up conclusion
    • Office hour prep and announcements
  • প্রয়োজন:


സന്തോഷ് (Santhosh)


সুচেতা (Sucheta)

Stand-up-up meeting 2013-11-05[edit]

No sprint. See http://etherpad.wikimedia.org/p/uls-performance for the ongoing work


אמיר (Amir)

  • עשיתי:
    • work on optimizing wgULSLanguages loading + meeting with Santhosh
    • two RTL fixes for Wikidata
  • אעשה:
    • finish optimizing wgULSLanguages
    • pairing with Zeljko
    • dentist
  • צריך:
    • Any other way I can help with ULS?


કાર્તિક (Kartik)


Niklas
  • Tein:
    • Review of ULS patches
    • Meeting with Željko to restore tests
  • Teen:
    •  ???
  • Tarvin:


Pau
  • Fet:
    • Other projects
  • A fer:
    • Reply to bugs
  • Necessitats:


রুণা (Runa)
  • সমাপ্ত কাজ:
    • Meeting for summit preparation for Language Support Session track
  • চলমান কাজ:
    • Pre-event blog post for the Summit
    • Some more meetings
    • Anything for the ULS requirements - am available to take it up on priority
  • প্রয়োজন:


സന്തോഷ് (Santhosh)
  • ചെയ്തു:
    • meetings
      • unexpected meeting with Google china - Opensourcing OSKs(45 mins)
      • wth Ori
    • ULS performance fixes - mainly new RL to avoid API hits
    • CRs/testing
  • ചെയ്യും:
  • വേണം:
    • deployments/.


সুচেতা (Sucheta)

Stand-up-up meeting 2013-11-04[edit]

No sprint. See http://etherpad.wikimedia.org/p/uls-performance for the ongoing work


אמיר (Amir)

  • עשיתי:
    • code review
    • bits of refactoring
    • rebased Matmarex’s old ULS performance patch
  • אעשה:
    • test whether Matmarex’s old ULS performance patch gives useful performance boost
    • anything else in the area
  • צריך:


કાર્તિક (Kartik)
  • કર્યું:
  • કરીશ:
  • જરુરિયાત!:


Niklas
  • Tein:
    • Created a couple of fixes that reduce the initially loaded code for ULS.
  • Teen:
    • Meeting with Željko
  • Tarvin:


Pau


রুণা (Runa)
  • সমাপ্ত কাজ:
    • Catching up on email
  • চলমান কাজ:
    • Summit preparations
    • Documentation etc. backlog
  • প্রয়োজন:
    • Needs from me for the new sprint requirements
    • Sent mails for summit schedule and office hour times - please respond for the office hour timings sooner


സന്തോഷ് (Santhosh)


সুচেতা (Sucheta)
  • সমাপ্ত কাজ:
  • চলমান কাজ:
  • প্রয়োজন:


Stand-up-up meeting 2013-11-01[edit]

The sprint has been cancelled. The updates for this day do not reflect this.

  • Team open patches 41 (-6)
  • Patches merged since last meeting 6 (~4 story related)


אמיר (Amir)

  • עשיתי:
    • [Ended my apartment buying process. A lot of bureaucracy, but I’m happier.]
    • Pairing with Zeljko - merged some tests code and started refactoring the recently merged monospace tests.
  • אעשה:
  • צריך:


કાર્તિક (Kartik)
  • કર્યું:
  • કરીશ:
  • જરુરિયાત!:


Niklas
  • Tein:
    • Participated in Kites symposium
    • Weekly
  • Teen:
    • Really, the review integration tests I’ve been doing since Monday
    • Fix some translatewiki.net issues, e.g. backups not working
    • (Not story related) Ping https://bugzilla.wikimedia.org/48891 because it is quite important
    • Add notes to “replication lag” thread - labs would not be the ideal place because one cannot debug the code there.
  • Tarvin:


Pau
  • Fet:
  • A fer:
  • Necessitats:


রুণা (Runa)
  • সমাপ্ত কাজ:
  • চলমান কাজ:
  • প্রয়োজন:


സന്തോഷ് (Santhosh)


সুচেতা (Sucheta) ABSENT, Friday
  • সমাপ্ত কাজ:
  • চলমান কাজ:
  • প্রয়োজন:

October[edit]

Stand-up-up meeting 2013-10-31[edit]

אמיר (Amir) Away. Please make sure to fill your needs.

કાર્તિક (Kartik)
  • કર્યું:
  • કરીશ:
    • Initial patch for email accept/reject task (Story: #3480)
    • Bug: #55701 (Story: #3812)
  • જરુરિયાત!:
    • Review once I submit for #3772


Niklas (away for conference)
  • Tein:
  • Teen:
  • Tarvin:


Pau


রুণা (Runa)
  • সমাপ্ত কাজ:
  • চলমান কাজ:
  • প্রয়োজন:


സന്തോഷ് (Santhosh) (not participating in hangout)
  • ചെയ്തു:
    • another unproductive day :(
    • helped Kartik for integration tests and other tasks
    • Did CRs
    • participated in R&R meeting
  • ചെയ്യും:
    • trying to get my internet back
    • will do CR
  • വേണം:


সুচেতা (Sucheta)
  • সমাপ্ত কাজ:
  • চলমান কাজ:
  • প্রয়োজন:

Stand-up-up meeting 2013-10-30[edit]

  • Team open patches: 47 (+3)
  • Patches merged since last daily: 21 (~3 story related)


אמיר (Amir)

  • עשיתי:
    • I may be absent for two or three hours in the morning.
    • Myanmar for Autonym.(ST: some more language names with this script needed to add. See github issue #18)
    • Work for accept/reject.
  • אעשה:
    • Work for accept/reject - need review.
    • Add some more languages to Autonym.
  • צריך:


કાર્તિક (Kartik)
  • કર્યું:
    • Updated Autonym font tests.
    • Few Code Reviews.
  • કરીશ:
    • Finish: Autonym font tests.
    • Work on Accept/Reject email task.
  • જરુરિયાત!:
    • #3819: Coordinate with Santhosh.


Niklas
  • Tein:
    • Translatewiki.net server migration complete, I think
  • Teen:
    • Checkout our new backlog
    • Planning to start with “Show translation in review”
  • Tarvin:


Pau


রুণা (Runa)
  • সমাপ্ত কাজ:
  • চলমান কাজ:
  • প্রয়োজন:


സന്തോഷ് (Santhosh)(not participating in hangout)
  • ചെയ്തു:
    • passive participation in sprint meetings. connectivity issues
    • Some CR
  • ചെയ്യും:
    • low bandwidth, 2 hours of work in sprint, so not much.
  • വേണം:
    • #3819(Code for bug #55701) so that I can review - KM: I’ll start work on it with Autonym is finish.


সুচেতা (Sucheta)
  • সমাপ্ত কাজ:
  • চলমান কাজ:
  • প্রয়োজন:

Stand-up-up meeting 2013-10-28[edit]

  • Story patches merged since last meeting: ~7
  • Team open patches: 44 (+3)


אמיר (Amir)


કાર્તિક (Kartik)
  • કર્યું:
    • MLEB release note.
  • કરીશ:
    • Autonym tests.
    • MLEB release.
    • Finish as much as possible sprint tasks!
  • જરુરિયાત!:


Niklas
  • Tein:
    • Signup browser tests
    • Lots of puppet work for translatewiki.net
  • Teen:
    • RFC meeting
    • Testing session
    • SandboxPromotion: code review
    • Fix failing test for TwnMainPage
    • Tuesday
      • Sprint end
      • translatewiki.net server migration
      • away in the evening
  • Tarvin:


Pau
  • Fet:
    • Explore day
  • A fer:
    • Review Amir’s patchset
    • More review of sandbox
  • Necessitats:


রুণা (Runa)


സന്തോഷ് (Santhosh)(not in hangout because of bandwidth limitations)
  • ചെയ്തു:
  • ചെയ്യും:
    • Not much till get connectivity issues resolved.
    • RFC meeting(Qn: can we do it on skype chat? video will not work for me)
  • വേണം:
    • I dont have any patch to get reviewed


সুচেতা (Sucheta)
  • সমাপ্ত কাজ:
  • চলমান কাজ:
  • প্রয়োজন:


Stand-up-up meeting 2013-10-25 (08:00 UTC)[edit]

Story patches merged yesterday: 2 Team open patches: 41


אמיר (Amir)

  • עשיתי:
  • Fixes for the accept/reject form
  • Scrummastes meeting
  • אעשה:
  • Finish fixes for the accept/reject form
  • Pairing with Zeljko
  • צריך:
  • Code and design review for the accept/reject form Patchset link or is it master?


કાર્તિક (Kartik)
  • કર્યું:
  • Some work started on: stories: 3772, 3773.
  • કરીશ:
  • Atleast submit WIP for pending stories.
  • MLEB Release notes. (Check for missing tag in ULS: 2013-09)
  • Check Autonym blog post.
  • Code Reviews.
  • જરુરિયાત!:


Niklas


Pau


রুণা (Runa)
  • সমাপ্ত কাজ:
  • MLEB testing
  • চলমান কাজ:
  • MLEB testing (to be finished today)
  • Set the Autonym blog post for publication
  • Some Language Summit follow-up work
  • Look at ;Pau's notes: https://etherpad.wikimedia.org/p/tux
  • প্রয়োজন:
  • Santhosh/Kartik: May need you to look over the final version of the autonym blog post
  • *
സന്തോഷ് (Santhosh)


সুচেতা (Sucheta)
  • সমাপ্ত কাজ:
  • চলমান কাজ:
  • প্রয়োজন:

Stand-up-up meeting 2013-10-24 (08:00 UTC)[edit]

Team open patches: 41


אמיר (Amir)


કાર્તિક (Kartik)
  • કર્યું:
  • MLEB tarball --> Runa, Sucheta. Discussion for testing. https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vex51b4azfzwdom/Uzhlc4pxEA
  • Autonym: Lao, Sinhala support. Testing.
  • Code reviews and merges.
  • કરીશ:
  • Story: 3772, 3773.
  • Review: 3471
  • Start adding Release Notes for MLEB.
  • જરુરિયાત!:
  • Will ask for 3772/3773's help.


Niklas
  • Tein:
  • Testing session: Translate and ULS test fixing
  • Working with Amir to finish Stash and Signup
  • Teen:
  • Fun stuff
  • Page translation bug fix
  • Twn server migration
  • Responding to varios bugs and emails requesting my feedback
  • Weekly
  • Tarvin:


Pau


রুণা (Runa)


സന്തോഷ് (Santhosh)
  • ചെയ്തു:
  • Autonym font - added some more language support
  • Sent a note about deployment to ops
  • Helped sucheta with a patch
  • Update jquery.uls from upstream https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/91387
  • Extra: https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/91558 Code formatting fixes CLDR
  • CR
  • ചെയ്യും:
  • Working on: Removing the hard coded language names in Special:Sandbox (#3770)
  • weekly meeting
  • friday fun day and birthday
  • വേണം:


সুচেতা (Sucheta)
  • সমাপ্ত কাজ:
  • #3770 - https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/91510/ - Checkboxes are cleaned up, the message at the bottom has been implemented. Should not be a blocker anymore for #3772 - Notification email for accepted and rejected translators, could be started.
  • চলমান কাজ:
  • #3802: MLEB testing
  • Code Review?
  • প্রয়োজন:
  • Code Review: https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/91510/
  • Code Review: https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/89152/6
  • The 'older request' feature and the filter functionality are the two things remaining for #3770. Given that, I am being able to work properly during nights, I would think it would be wiser if someone who does have a better idea about Translate itself (since it is clearly becoming difficult to collaborate with anyone else, at that time), and also this design could take up the rest of the work, if this is a blocker still. Else, I am always happy to collaborate with anyone on that.


Stand-up-up meeting 2013-10-23 (08:00 UTC)[edit]

אמיר (Amir)


કાર્તિક (Kartik)


Niklas


Pau
  • Fet:
  • Other projects and meetings
  • A fer:
  • Review UX and style for sign-up form (#3762)
  • translation review (#3769)
  • Necessitats:
  • Instructions on how to access the Translation review UI (;Niklas or Santhosh)


রুণা (Runa)
  • সমাপ্ত কাজ:
  • #3803: Updating the MLEB testing spreadsheet template (the earlier template had tests only for logged-in users) link?not yet ready
  • চলমান কাজ:
  • #3803: Complete the MLEB testing spreadsheet template
  • #3803: Begin the MLEB tests
  • প্রয়োজন:


സന്തോഷ് (Santhosh)


সুচেতা (Sucheta)



Stand-up-up meeting 2013-10-22 (08:00 UTC)[edit]

Mini-retrospective about code review:

  • Amir: not bad, got the work done. Gerrit should be used, but when several people are assigned in Gerrit, it often happens that nobody actually does it. Explicit assignment in the daily helps bump priority.
  • Santhosh: not a fan of it, it shouldn't replace Gerrit.
  • ;Pau: it worked yesterday, helped to see blockers. The Gerrit list is not one of my main screens.
  • ;Niklas: Assignment in the daily helps to emphasize priority when needed.
  • Kartik: It was OK in showing the needs.


אמיר (Amir)


કાર્તિક (Kartik)
  • કર્યું:
  • Tested && Merged monospace font CR and tests.NL: Yay
  • Other misc CRs.
  • કરીશ:
  • CR: Stash: https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/69064
  • Autonym and Sandbox user tests.
  • MLEB release preparation.
  • જરુરિયાત!:


Niklas
  • Tein:
  • Tests with Željko
  • Working on the Stash
  • Working on signup after that
  • Teen:
  • Fix issues in Stash reported by ;Pau
  • Scrum of Scrums
  • Tarvin:


Pau


রুণা (Runa)
  • সমাপ্ত কাজ:
  • #3805: Language Summit session page: https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Language_portal/Pune_LanguageSummit_November_2013/Details
  • চলমান কাজ:
  • #3803: Preparing the spreadsheets that we will use for the MLEB tests tomorrow
  • #3805: More follow up and mails etc for the Language Summit
  • <task card not prepared yet>: Review the LCMD backend data
  • প্রয়োজন:
  • #3803: MLEB RC from Kartik (needed on Wednesday)


സന്തോഷ് (Santhosh)
  • ചെയ്തു:
  • CRs as committed y'day
  • ചെയ്യും:
  • looking at tuning the font logic - language switching etc to see if we can improve and if there is anything wrong.
  • വേണം:
  • #3770 still not ready.


সুচেতা (Sucheta) (off to college)
  • সমাপ্ত কাজ:
  • Code Review for User postWithToken for saving translations of sandboxed users - https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/90859, was something that I was supposed to do. Pointed out the issue with backward compatibility - which was also pointed out by Siebrand. I have not merged it myself, someone else might have, I am assuming that is resolved. (merged)
  • #3770 - Cleaned up a few front-end issues (there were a few minor issues, about which I have also discussed with Santhosh after yesterday's daily), Added a function to be used at times of multiple selection of requests - Accept all, Reject all implemented. Patch:https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/89152/
  • চলমান কাজ:
  • Remaining parts of #3770
  • Code Review?
  • প্রয়োজন:
  • Code review: https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/89152/


Siebrand:


Stand-up-up meeting 2013-10-21 (08:00 UTC)[edit]

אמיר (Amir)

  • עשיתי:
  • code review
  • reported some i18n issues in Wikidata and mobile
  • אעשה:
  • code review
  • צריך:


કાર્તિક (Kartik)
  • કર્યું:
  • CRs from Santhosh, Amir, ;Niklas
  • કરીશ:
  • More CRs
  • Tests Merges (3749 and 3767)
  • બાકી છે!:
  • Will ask for PHP to ;Niklas/Amir.


Niklas
  • Tein:
  • Stash: finished browser tests
  • Teen:
  • Signup: Update https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/69064 (if Kartik is okay with that) - Fine!
  • Testing session with Željko: going to work on ULS tests or signup tests
  • Might be getting visa tomorrow at daily time
  • Tarvin:
  • Stash: Review browser tests: https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/88952 - i'm on it --Amir
  • Stash: design review (;Pau:) I'll check it
  • MonospaceFont: status again? Explained it to Amir and Kartik on Friday. - i'm on it --Amir(And Kartik).


Pau
  • Fet:
  • Recover
  • A fer:
  • Review UX and style for translation review (#3769), sign-up form (#3762)
  • Necessitats:
  • How to access recent code. Master? (;Niklas)


রুণা (Runa)
  • সমাপ্ত কাজ:
  • #3805: Meeting about the Language Summit Scheduling and logistics. Wrote up a document earlier for all the session ideas. discussion
  • চলমান কাজ:
  • #3805: Follow up on the action items from the meeting. Includes updating the session ideas and plans.
  • প্রয়োজন:
  • To talk with Amir about my availability for the next two sprints (that overlaps with the last week of Nov and Dec; shifting house) and identify possible priority focus areas


സന്തോഷ് (Santhosh)


সুচেতা (Sucheta)
  • সমাপ্ত কাজ:
  • (Mostly occupied with college work over the weekend!)
  • চলমান কাজ:
  • #3770 - if that's a blocker (yes)
  • Code Reviews?
  • প্রয়োজন:

Stand-up-up meeting 2013-10-18 (08:00 UTC)[edit]

אמיר (Amir)

  • עשיתי:
  • email
  • code review
  • MathJax rtl tests
  • אעשה:
  • code review
  • צריך:
  • ;Niklas: reply to Dan Andreescu about translation measurements (can you keep the team list on cc)
  • a meeting with Santhosh about webfonts(after 30 minutes-lunch time)


કાર્તિક (Kartik)
  • કર્યું:
  • Code reviews, merge+test of autonym and other CRs froom yesterday's needs.
  • કરીશ:
  • Submit Autonym test
  • બાકી છે!:


Niklas
  • Tein:
  • Stash: Implemented missing browser tests (but one scenario is failing)
  • Teen:
  • twn: message index creation is failing
  • Stash: Fix the failing scenario with help
  • Stash & Signup & SandboxReview: use postWithToken
  • Signup: browser tests
  • Start getting visa
  • Tarvin:
  • Signup: Review and merge ;) https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/64591 -> Santhosh will do
  • MonospaceFonts: what's the status? in progress, need discussion
  • Review of https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/88952/ after I get the scenario passing
  • Stash: clarification of behavior (since thursday) Siebrand deprioritized it in bugzilla https://bugzilla.wikimedia.org/show_bug.cgi?id=55780 to Low
  • Need to clarify whether it is outside acceptance criteria or not <- outside scope of current stories.
  • Stash: design review (since thursday)


Pau(Offline)


রুণা (Runa)
  • সমাপ্ত কাজ:
  • #5672: TCMS set up. TestLink installs but throws php errors that prevent going into the admin login screen. Stopping work on this for now. Benefits from the exercise:
  • Got a new project for our team in wmflabs
  • Learnt how to set up and manage instances, access them and view them through the Proxy.
  • চলমান কাজ:
  • #3803: Going over the ULS test cases.
  • Checking the sanetype Input methods
  • #3805: Work on a consolidated document for the Language Summit
  • ((Not working between 1600-2200))
  • প্রয়োজন:
  • Santhosh: A probable date for the autonym blog post publication? ((I will prepare a diff post, if we need to further delay this)-see my needs section :)
  • http://etherpad.wikimedia.org/p/autonymfont-plan


സന്തോഷ് (Santhosh)


সুচেতা (Sucheta) (Off to college)


Stand-up-up meeting 2013-10-17 (08:00 UTC)[edit]

אמיר (Amir)

  • עשיתי:
  • code review
  • email
  • RTL bug in core
  • helped Sucheta with Gerrit
  • אעשה:
  • code review
  • monospace fixes
  • autonym font
  • צריך:
  • pair programming for monospace fixes(yet to look into tests and patch, will get back to you)
  • autonym font - there are some old problems, either in the font or in the demo PDF (missing characters), what is to be done about them? (I had written a test html page for this. Missing glyphs are not blocker).
  • help with code review.


કાર્તિક (Kartik)
  • કર્યું:
  • Language Summit Preparation Meeting
  • MLEB release RC, so that Runa/Sucheta can test.
  • કરીશ:
  • Code review help.
  • 1:1.
  • Weekly.
  • Work on adding Autonym missing glyphs.
  • બાકી છે!:
  • Ask Amir/Runa for RC is fine or not. And what time window needed for testing. (23 Freeze, 28 Release)


Niklas


Pau (off)


রুণা (Runa)
  • সমাপ্ত কাজ:
  • #5672: setting up the TCMS system on labs - ongoing. Not exploring Nitrate any further (for the moment as it needs complicated configurations)
  • #3805: Meeting with the RH team for the language summit
  • Meeting with Community Advocacy team member
  • চলমান কাজ:
  • #5672: setting up the TCMS system on lab - work on setting up Testlink instead. It can be installed over the web browser and a basic configuration is created in the process.
  • #3803: Get started with the MLEB tests. Review the test cases and check if we can change the process in any way if we still need to do it without a TCMS.
  • Check the Sanetype input method
  • প্রয়োজন:


സന്തോഷ് (Santhosh)
  • ചെയ്തു:
  • Language summit preparation meeting with RH-( 1.5 hours)
  • CR and improving patches for Translation stash, found some bugs that expand scope-reported as bugs.
  • 1 hour meeting with Analytic- stakeholder review meeting
  • ചെയ്യും:
  • Get translationstash reviews done
  • work on my patches with -1
  • വേണം:


সুচেতা (Sucheta)
  • সমাপ্ত কাজ:
  • Patch on core: https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/64582
  • Faced some trouble with Gerrit, fixed it with help from Amir
  • Poked Mattflaschen for code review on core
  • চলমান কাজ:
  • Could not start with #3806 yesterday, plan to do it today
  • Review for stash - i
  • প্রয়োজন:
  • Code Review: https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/64582 (Santhosh assigned above)


Stand-up-up meeting 2013-10-16 (08:00 UTC)[edit]

אמיר (Amir)


કાર્તિક (Kartik)
  • કર્યું:
  • Merged few jquery.ime reviews: Shift branch + testing
  • કરીશ:
  • Cleanup MLEB release docs.
  • Work on pending tasks.
  • બાકી છે!:


Niklas


Pau (absent)
  • Fet:
  • A fer:
  • Necessitats:


রুণা (Runa)
  • সমাপ্ত কাজ:
  • চলমান কাজ:
  • #5672: setting up the TCMS system on labs
  • প্রয়োজন:


സന്തോഷ് (Santhosh)
  • ചെയ്തു:
  • (was offline, see FB for details/photos)
  • Intoduced shift modifier support to jquery.ime to solve Persian keyboard issue
  • Some CR/merging in github
  • ചെയ്യും:
  • email catchup, CRs
  • വേണം:


সুচেতা (Sucheta)
  • সমাপ্ত কাজ:
  • TranslationStash got fixed locally - Got rid of the null error. Thanks to https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/89632/
  • চলমান কাজ:
  • Front-end issues remaining on #3770 (Could not proceed as stash was broken)
  • Code review - if I could help
  • প্রয়োজন:
  • Better understanding of #3806, the story too
  • What story is this? It seems to be a task