Wikimedia Language engineering/Code review statement of intent
This document describes agreed upon intentions for code review on the extensions the Wikimedia Language team maintains. This document applies to all patches and pull requests excluding those marked as WIP (work in progress).
This intent is active since May 2016 and last updated February 2022. However, a backlog of open patches exists, which we are trying to reduce to zero over time.
For list of currently included repositories, see the list of maintained repositories in Phabricator. Repositories that are in active development or active maintenance are included. Repositories that are in passive maintenance or unsupported are excluded.
Urgent patches these repositories that are in passive maintenance are dealt case by case basis and non-urgent patches are reviewed when they fit our priorities or if time permits.
Our intent is to:
- Give initial review or re-review after patch has been updated within 10 days. Travels, vacations, etc. are valid reasons to temporarily exceed this time.
- If patch is waiting for updates for more than one month, we should ping the author and notify about this process.
- If patch is waiting for updates for more than three months, we can abandon the patch (there are other reasons for abandoning patches, this is not the only one).
- If patch is waiting for updates, we might decide to finish the patch ourselves.
- Update this page if we change our policy.