Wikimedia Hackathon 2018/Documentation
The documentation sprint is a session that will take place during the 3 days of the hackathon. Its main goal is to improve specific user-documentation about Wikidata, Wikibase, Toolforge, Cloud VPS, MediaWiki, and other projects.
The room is called Seminaris B, or QC0015. When arriving at the entrance, you can take the corridor on your left (with a sign saying "Seminaris A and B", then continue a bit and you will see our sign on the left!
The main topics we suggest are:
- Wikidata newcomers documentation (phab:T159216)
- Lexicographical data documentation
- Wikibase installation and configuration (phab:T159218)
- Slidedeck of Wikidata-based tools
- Cloud Services newcomers documentation (phab:T101659)
- Discussing, testing, and helping with the ongoing updates to the Documentation/Style guide
But you can submit any other topic!
You can look at the main Phabricator task phab:T187319, check the related subtasks, or add new ones.
Participants can work alone or in teams.
Anyone is welcome to join at any moment during the event, join a team or not, work on one of the suggested topics or not.
Organizers will provide advice to help participants to build good documentation.
Non-tech people are welcome. People will be able to attend remotely.