Wikimedia Hackathon 2017/Prehackathon Budapest
There will be a one-day developer workshop entitled About Wikipedia for developers on 22 April 2017 in Budapest, Hungary.
Would you like to know how Wikipedia works? Would you like to help Wikipedia as a programmer? Are you wondering how you can use the content of Wikipedia in an automated way? You can find answers for all these questions on the first developer workshop of Wikimedia Hungary.
While the first part of the program will provide an overview of the topics with presentations and live demonstrations, the second part offers time and space for diving into a chosen topic and for creative work in individual form or in groups with the help of the trainers. There will be opportunity to join an already existing developer group in your preferred area and expertise.
- 22 April 2017
- Beginning of the program: 10:00
- End of the program: until there is interest (expected until around 18:00)
- Introduction, warm-up
- Presentations and demonstrations:
- Gergő Tisza: Development of MediaWiki, Wikipedia API (in Hungarian)
- Tobias Schönberg: Wikidata and SPARQL-queries (in English) (Temporary Slides: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1XAPURx45Gr6ayUAIofPtxuRtdcPSyMCVTUqJIFeuTFY/edit?usp=sharing)
- Péter Báthory: Wikipedia and maps (in Hungarian)
- Lunch break
- Discussion, learning, practice and programming
Important to know
- In order to be able to actively participate in the program, please bring a laptop with you. (Organizers cannot provide a computer on site.)
- There is an option to receive a full scholarships for those who will attend both the this workshop and the Wikimedia Hackathon 2017.
- Two of the morning presentations will be held in Hungarian, but you should be able to fully participate in the coding, group work and demonstrations if you speak English or German, as well.
Participation in the workshop is free and open, but requires advance registration:
- To participate, please send us an e-mail directly, and we will contact you.
- If you understand Hungarian, please use the following form: REGISTRATION FORM