Wikimedia Hackathon 2015/Buddies
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Let's use this page to organize Hackathon Buddies in Lyon.
Looking for a buddy
- Brian Gerstle (BGerstle (WMF)) - iOS developer and testing enthusiast.
- Joaquin Oltra Hernandez (User:JHernandez (WMF)) - JS developer, mobile, web.
- Prateek Saxena/prtksxna: looking for people interested in front-end stuff - UI standardisation or skins.
- Gergő Tisza (Tgr (WMF)) - interested in most things that are PHP, JS, Python or Vagrant related; the area I have the most experience with is multimedia.
- Moriel Schottlender (MSchottlender-WMF) Working on VisualEditor, TemplateData and RTL support.
- Dan Garry (Deskana (WMF) / Deskana) - If you like mobile apps or want to know about product management, pick me! :-)
- Benoît Evellin (Trizek (WMF) (talk)) - Visual Editor and community engagement, new as a community liaison.
Buddies not yet confirmed
Work-in-progress, some details (i.e. travel plans) still might need to be confirmed.
- Edlira Dushku - Tgr (WMF)
- Nirzar Pangarkar – Looking for someone who is interested in Accessibility projects. Here's the project proposal& Alexander
- Jakob & Marko
- Volker Eckl (WMF) – UX Engineer interested in accessibility, UI standardisation, front-end performance, coding standards documentation et al. & Danny Horn
- Gilles Dubuc (User:GDubuc (WMF)) - I'm on the Performance team. I'm interested in making things go faster. & Andreas Burmeister - Working on WikidataQuality as my bachelor's project and topic of my thesis. Interested in getting input about both architecture and desired features.
- Sucheta Ghoshal - Life, Universe and Everything. But, mostly Visual Editor & Magioladitis: AWB developer. CHECKWIKI maintainer. In case Reedy is not coming, I am searching for a buddy.
- Daniel Lee: Open for just about anything. This will be my first contribution to Wikimedia, although I've participated in sister projects. Looking for an experienced buddy that can help me contribute and learn the ropes! & Vibha
- Dmitry Brant (DBrant (WMF)) - Android app development: let's build more nifty mobile gadgets to encourage users to consume and contribute to Wikipedia :) & putnik – volunteer developer. I make gadgets for Wikipedia, also I work with Lua and bots. Interested in front-end stuff.
- Kolossos Tool-developer especially for geo/maps, you can ask me things to the OpenStreetMap stack we have on Labs and what we can do with it in the future. Looking in the moment for Python data tools. & Alaric
- Sherah Smith - node/JS engineer focused on UX prototyping for reading. I'm going to build and test some prototypes for our mobile fundraising experience and would love to collaborate on this! & Rberchie (talk) I am a volunteer and active editor of most of Wikimedia projects. I want to get an experienced buddy who will help me understand software more so I can do more with my edits and uploads. I am desirous of contributing more on Wikidata too.--Rberchie (talk) 10:09, 19 March 2015 (UTC)
- Tpt Maintainer of ProofreadPage and other Wikisource related stuffs. I contribute also sometime to Wikidata technical side. Tpt (talk) 17:30, 13 May 2015 (UTC) & John V
- Monte Hurd - iOS App dev - Generally interested in experimenting on apps with things that would be difficult to do in a browser. Also interested in apps UX refinements, nearby, micro-type contributions, and bringing to apps Wikipedia interfaces which don't yet exist in apps - like a recently edited feed, or a list of most read articles for the day/week. & Corey F
- Microchip08 (talk): newbie to the tech side of Wikimedia, looking for an interesting project to get involved with. Open to suggestions! & Chad - Planning to do a sprint on config changes for WMF wikis that they want/need done.
- User:Ckoerner - third party MediaWiki user in healthcare. A little technical a lot communicative. Would love to help figure out how to help with outreach and communication and learning a little code. & Tim Starling
- Nasir Khan: want to build and marge the existing stat tools to identify all type contributions of a user & Pierre-Selim
Hi buddies, see you in Lyon!
- Jason Ji - Corey Floyd (WMF) - iOS App development, Apple Watch
- Nikerabbit+Nemo – i18n stuff, about 6 of the suggested characteristics
- Petr Bena + Andre Klapper
- legoktm + valhallasw phab:T280 deploy dashboard
- Seb35 and Siebrand / Translate extension / translatewiki.net - details to be worked out.
- Halfak (WMF) + とある白い猫 Revision scoring service tools!
- YuviPanda & Maximilianklein (talk) -- Setting up Jupyter use cases and demos.
- Mark A. Hershberger + Stefankasberger introductions, wiki statistics
- MarkTraceur (talk) and User:Bawolff - Getting Flickr uploads to a state where we can enable them for everyone.
- Markus Glaser - TCipriani (WMF)
- Rachel Farrand + Claudia Garád- how to organize a kick-ass hackathon
- Addshore + Bomarrow1 - Massaction
- 01tonythomas - Qgil-WMF
- DerHexer and Bene*
- Matma Rex and Lyrithya
- Jon Robson - Florian Schmidt
- Adam Baso (ABaso (WMF)) and selva - we'll focus on Wiki Radio.
- Matt Flaschen - Richa Jain
- Matthias Mullie and Stephane Bisson - testing (and fixing) bot support in Flow, may include a sample bot
- CSteipp (WMF) and Parent5446 - various security stuff
- Amir (Ladsgroup) and Maarten (Multichill) - Pywikibot and Wikidata
- User:Erget2005-User:RYasmeen (WMF)-VisualEditor product overview, QA process and Bug triage.
- Kasia Odrozek (WMDE) + James Forrester (Jdforrester (WMF))
- Rdicerb (WMF) and Birgit Müller (WMDE)
- Greg Grossmeier (Greg (WMF)) and FreedomFighterSparrow
- Kristen Lans and Sandra Muellrick – process improvement and scrum
- Timo Tijhof (Krinkle) and Danny B.
- Bernadette Clemente and Moiz Syed
- Toby Negrin and Philip Kopetzky
- AGomez (WMF) (talk) - Abraham Taherivand (WMDE)
- Trevor Parscal (WMF) & TheDJ
- Daniel Kinzler (WMDE) (talk) - Eric Evans (User:EEvans (WMF))
- Bryan Davis (WMF) & Cindy Cicalese - SMW role for MediaWiki-Vagrant
- Roan Kattouw (WMF) & James Montalvo
- Željko Filipin & Christoph Fischer (WMDE)
- Lydia Pintscher (WMDE) & Damon
- Joe Wass & Ed Sanders
- Darenwelsh and Quiddity (WMF)
- Jean-Philippe Kmiec (WMFr) - Kaity Hammerstein
- Jeff Green & Katie Horn - fundraising operations/monitoring, DonationInterface improvements
- Bernd Sitzmann (BSitzmann (WMF) (talk)) & Aude
- Jon Katz (jkatz_wmf) - & Benoit P.
- MGalloway & Tar Lócesilion
- User:Filippo_Giunchedi (WMF) - anything ops-related, swift, graphite & Audrey
- Microchip08 & Chad
- DDuvall (WMF) & User:Geekuillaume
- Antoine Musso & WikiJourney
- User:Lucie Kaffee (WMDE) & Elena Tonkovidova(WMF)
- Rummana Yasmeen and Daniel Lee-VisualEditor product overview, QA process and Bug triage.