Jump to navigation Jump to search
Topics from the past
- Hiring: Moving forward with analyst hire (it is posted). We also plan to hire an engineering manager (Tomasz will work on JD).
Announcements, Information, Questions
- Data center switchover test started today. Please keep an eye on any services you are responsible for.
- Discovery stuff seems to be OK so far (just some minor issues)
- Please check your info on the office contact list wiki page (general reminder)
- FYI: Discussion about Mediawiki hash fragment router
- Ongoing reminder: Submit items to the Weekly Status Updates!
- Moiz will be leaving the foundation at the end of this month
- Annual reviews kick off this week. Pick your peer reviewers!
- Follow the guidance about including someone outside your normal circle
- Keep track of who YOU agreed to review!
- Quick survey: Portal team has completed its part. We got external signoff.
Scrum of Scrums
Dependences which don’t need to be called out as “blocked”
- Are we blocking? https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/tag/blocked-on-search/
Quick Quarterly Goals/KPI Update (if needed)
Q4 Key Results
- Run TextCat A/B test
- (Maybe push TextCat to production)
- Update Elastic Search
- Add real-time index updates to completion suggester
- Add geocoordinate functionality
- Wikivoyage sites switch to Kartographer
- Create use case page for maps
- Run at least 3 A/B tests
- Graduate at least 1 successful A/B test
- Next Discovery retrospectives: Scheduled April 18-22
- Next Showcase (“CREDIT”): Scheduled May 12 (Thursday)