Jump to navigation Jump to search
Topics from the past
- Move from trebuchet to scap--is Discovery affected?
- Q3 goals are assumed to be closed out one way or the other
Announcements, Information, Questions
- Hiring: Moving forward with analyst backfill hire (it is posted). We also plan to hire an engineering manager (Tomasz will work on JD).
- Condolences to our WMF coworker who had a recent loss.
- Quarterly review happened; went well
- Ongoing reminder: Submit items to the Weekly Status Updates!
Scrum of Scrums
Dependences which don’t need to be called out as “blocked”
- Quick Surveys: https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T119149
- Working with Reading to get the code in place; legal will review final text before it goes live
- SVG sanitizer security review (graphs)
- in progress https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T125382
- Maps Backend hardware: We have quotes
- Maps varnish: We expect to reuse existing hardware
- Elastic hardware: ordered and on the way
- Relevance forge? in progress, Guillaume need to ping Rob -> quote sent
- Are we blocking? https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/tag/blocked-on-search/
Quick Quarterly Goals/KPI Update (if needed)
Q4 Key Results
- Run TextCat A/B test
- (Maybe push TextCat to production)
- Update Elastic Search
- Add real-time index updates to completion suggester
- Add geocoordinate functionality
- Wikivoyage sites switch to Kartographer
- Create use case page for maps
- Run at least 3 A/B tests
- Graduate at least 1 successful A/B test
- Next Discovery retrospective(s): TBD (roughly April 20-30)
- Next Showcase (“CREDIT”): Scheduled May 12 (Thursday)