Wikimedia Discovery/Experimentation Time
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Great products require both a structured well-curated backlog that everyone agrees on, and unstructured individual-led efforts. This policy is meant to capture the latter for the Discovery department.
- During each two week period, any team member (engineer, designer, product, manager, etc) can spend 1 day (of their choosing) on whatever they choose, as long as it benefits the team, org, or movement
- Team members are encouraged, but are not required, to coordinate their experimentation day with their peers (Friday is popular)
- Please mark the day in your calendar so that you reserve that block of time
- No Manager or Product Manager approval is necessary to select work, but coordination with the relevant Product Manager will be required to get it into production
- Work will be demoed at the monthly showcase for peer validation