Wikimedia Cloud Services team/Onboarding Brooke/Sessions
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Brooke and Chase Onboarding Sessions
- So we use ferm as a firewall frontend? Gathered from IRC conversations.
- Create a cdnjs-beta tool (there is an admin-beta for example)
- Deploy new code to cdnjs beta in anticipation of replacing current tools.wmflabs.org/cdnjs
- horizon to create new tools-static-1
- new scripts and roles where existing is modules/role/manifests/toollabs/static.pp
- role() manifests/site.pp
- tools has own puppetmaster so you have to manually go in and associate to new master
- vip to one of new nodes
- test out of band
- hashar for CI qeustons
2018 - 02 - 05
- working on cdnjs tool
- Possibly on the review and deploy step
- What runs on bare metal outside of OpenStack
- Is k8s on OpenStack or is it on real, live servers
2018 - 01 - 30
- ongoing meetings
- putting questions in this ongoing ledger
- ops/puppet and private repos
gerrit merge => puppetmaster1001 => puppet-merge
- repo split between us and the world
- ops/puppet is shared?
- what is physical and what is virtual?
- what do we 'own' generally?
- see similar ongoing series w/ arturo https://etherpad.wikimedia.org/p/arturoandchase