- 1 Goals
- 2 Annual Roadmap
- 3 Across Audiences
- 4 Metrics
- 5 Audiences teams
- 5.1 Contributors
- 5.2 Readers
- 5.3 Technical Program Management
- 5.4 Design
- 5.5 Product Analytics
- 5.6 Product Design Strategy
- 5.7 Wikidata
- Annual Plan for Audiences 2018-2019
- Annual Plan for Product 2017-2018
- Annual Plan for Product 2016-2017
- 2016 Product Summary
- 2015 Product & Technology Review
- Product Principles
- Technical Collaboration Guidance
- Community Process Principles
- Design Statement of Purpose
- Data and research information for products
- Monthly Research Showcases
- New Content Program metrics reports.
- Audience Research
- Community Health Initiative
- New Editor Experiences
- New Readers — on-going research that focuses on understanding potential Wikimedia readers in countries where access to the Internet is quickly growing.
- Structured Data on Commons
- Advanced Mobile Contributions
- Android Editing Features
- Content Translation, V2
- Improve Translate Extension and Translate Wiki process
- iOS Editing
- Visual based mobile editing
- Annual Pan goal: Platform Evolution CDP
- Movement Organizers Study
The Product Analytics tracks a set of key metrics designed to give a high-level picture of the movement's health.
Note (March 2019): We are experimenting with presenting these metrics by uploading the same slide deck that we send each month to the Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees. This makes it infeasible to translate the report, but saves the Product Analytics team work and means the community quickly receives the same detailed report as the board. Please send any comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
An Audience team covers a set of features developed according to specific user flows and needs.
We build collaborative, inclusive tools for creating and editing free knowledge.
- Phabricator task board: #ContentTranslation-Release8
- Page: Special:MyLanguage/Wikimedia Language engineering
We build exceptional learning and reading experiences for the sum of all knowledge.
|Interactions[r 1][r 2][r 3]||18.2 B||N/A[r 4]|
|—Pageviews[r 5][r 3]||16.3 B||+1%|
|… Desktop[r 5][r 3]||6.8 B||-9%|
|… Mobile Web[r 5]||9.3 B||+10%|
|—Desktop previews[r 1]||1.90 B||N/A[r 4]|
|Unique Devices (all Wikipedias)||1.59 B||+2%|
|Android Uniques(December)||4.68 M||-11.8%|
|Android Installs (December)||12.9 k/d||-24.6%|
|iOS Downloads[r 6]||3.5 k/d||-18.9%|
|Updated on 2019-02-20. For some analysis of longer-term trends, see also the quarterly core Audiences metrics overview for Q1 and other Readership metrics reports. More information about the Android app's metrics can be found in this overview.
As usual in January, pageviews rebounded after the holidays, with a lasting increase in mobile views.
The positive year-over-year trend in total pageviews we have been observing since May/June held up, but barely so at +1%; it seems to have recovered a bit since late January.
The recently published Audiences metrics and insights presentation contains results of some investigations into the trend developments since spring. In particular, referrals from search engines (mainly Google) saw a positive trend change in mid-May.
Unique devices again increased year-over-year. But as noted before, this metric might be more susceptible to artifacts that decrease the accuracy of such trend assessments.
Technical Program Management
We are dedicated to guiding delivery processes and facilitating team health through good practices.
Lead: Grace Gellerman
We make sharing of all human knowledge easy and joyful. For everyone.
Lead: Nirzar Pangarkar
We make recommendations based on results of analyses, advocate for ethical data practices, and educate on topics around data and statistics.
Page: Product Analytics
Lead: Kate Zimmerman
Product Design Strategy
[intro text here]
Page: [link here]
Lead: Margeigh Novotny
Wikidata is a free and open knowledge base that can be read and edited by both humans and machines. This project is maintained by the Software Development & Engineering department at Wikimedia Deutschland.
- Page: Wikidata
- Lead: Lydia Pintscher
- Phabricator bugs & tasks board: #wikidata
- Discussion List: email@example.com
WMDE Fiscal Year 2016
WMDE Fiscal Year 2017