Wikimedia Apps/Team/Android/User feedback review SOP
Standard Operating Procedure for Gathering User Feedback aka Chore Wheel
Each person is assigned one week for "chore wheel." Your week includes the Saturday and Sunday preceding your assignment. For example:
Your week is December 14. That means you cover the days from Saturday December 8 through Friday December 14.
Note: the calendar invite for your assignment can be moved to any day/time in your week that is useful to you. Just have things done by Friday of your week.
- Review Wikipedia Android App OTRS queue for new tickets
- Search > Additional filters > click field, select "Queue", click "+"; Queue will appear under Filters in use; click field, select "mobile", use dropdown to select "Android (Wikipedia)", click Confirm; repeat to add "State" (open, new), and "Ticket Create Time" (between)
- Escalate or file any new/urgent bugs
- Summarize other feedback/requests
- Responding is optional unless you need more info for a bug
- Using the Android OTRS spreadsheet to track is also optional
- Update the Android app pulse spreadsheet
- CLOSE ALL TICKETS
- Social Media (since the last Chore wheel report) - search for Wikipedia Mobile / Wikipedia app / Wikipedia Android mentions on Twitter (optionally welcome any other notable comments – such as from Reddit, Facebook – esp. after a major release) since the last Chore wheel
- Notable Play store reviews (since the last Chore wheel report) on Prod and Beta
- Crashes - go to the main HockeyApp screen (scroll all the way down to see the crash-free percentage per day) - keep an eye out for >100 users on a single crash
Reviews mentioning in-country blocks
If we receive ratings from folks in China or Turkey saying that they keep getting "not connected to internet" errors, this is likely to due to the blocks that those countries have imposed. You can reply to the reviews on the Play Store with the following message:
We are committed to allowing everyone, everywhere to freely access, share, and participate in knowledge on Wikipedia. Unfortunately, Wikipedia is currently blocked by most internet service providers in [China/Turkey]. We are not able to ensure access to Wikipedia until the block is lifted.
Her yerde, herkesin Vikipedi’ye serbestçe erişmesine, paylaşmasına ve bilgiye katkıda bulunmasını sağlamayı taahhüt ediyoruz. Ne yazık ki, Vikipedi’ye erişim şu anda Türkiye'deki çoğu internet servis sağlayıcısı tarafından engellenmiş durumda. Erişim engeli kaldırılıncaya kadar Vikipedi’ye erişim garantisi sağlayamıyoruz.
@Cooltey to add
@Cooltey to add
On Friday, send an email to android@ with your chore wheel report. Thanks!