Wikimedia Apps/Team/Android/User feedback review SOP
Standard Operating Procedure for Gathering User Feedback aka Chore Wheel
Each person is assigned one week for "chore wheel." Your week includes the Saturday and Sunday preceding your assignment. For example:
Your week is December 14. That means you cover the days from Saturday December 8 through Friday December 14.
Note: the calendar invite for your assignment can be moved to any day/time in your week that is useful to you. Just have things done by Friday of your week.
- Review Wikipedia Android App OTRS queue for new tickets
- Search > Additional filters > click field, select "Queue", click "+"; Queue will appear under Filters in use; click field, select "mobile", use dropdown to select "Android (Wikipedia)", click Confirm; repeat to add "State" (open, new), and "Ticket Create Time" (between)
- Escalate or file any new/urgent bugs
- Summarize other feedback/requests
- Responding is optional unless you need more info for a bug
- Using the Android OTRS spreadsheet to track is also optional
- Update the Android app pulse spreadsheet
- CLOSE ALL TICKETS
- Social Media (since the last Chore wheel report) - search for Wikipedia Mobile / Wikipedia app / Wikipedia Android mentions on Twitter (optionally welcome any other notable comments – such as from Reddit, Facebook – esp. after a major release) since the last Chore wheel
- Notable Play store reviews (since the last Chore wheel report) on Prod and Beta
- Crashes - go to the main HockeyApp screen (scroll all the way down to see the crash-free percentage per day) - keep an eye out for >100 users on a single crash
On Friday, send an email to android@ with your chore wheel report. Thanks!