This page is obsolete. It is being retained for archival purposes. It may document extensions or features that are obsolete and/or no longer supported. Do not rely on any information on this page.
Wikimania Scholarships app
Update and host the Wikimania Scholarships application.
The Wikimania Scholarships app is web-based application used to accept and process scholarship requests for Wikimania attendance. This application has historically been developed, maintained and hosted exclusively by volunteers from the community (Manuel Schneider, on a WMCH server). Starting with Wikimania 2014 the application will be hosted on the Wikimedia Foundation servers.
- Done Host a testing instance in Labs
- Done Clean up existing code base
- Done Document requirements and workflow for review process
- Done Evaluate cleaned up code for a keep/rebuild decision (Keep!)
- Done Bring source code into internal git repository with gerrit management
- Done Performance and security review
- Done Create production deployment configuration (Puppet)
- Done Work with Operations team to design production hosting plan (ssl, apache, php, mysql)
- Done Get final scholarship application questions from Scholarship Committee
- Done Implement final scholarship application (form, database storage)
- Done Address feature requests as time allows
- Done Deploy to production on 2013-12-18 bug 57545 [Deployment tracking bug]
- Done Support through application period
- In progress Support through review period
The scholarships app has been deactivated on 2021-11-15 as part of phab:T243037.