|Please click here to leave me a new message.|
- 1 Hi!
- 2 What is Category:Wikipedia about?
- 3 Internet
- 4 Extension:FBConnect
- 5 EMP
- 6 Extension talk:Nuke#Extension:MassBlank
- 7 Hiya
- 8 'Breadcrumbs' / Wikipedia
- 9 Stop!
- 10 Thanks & question
- 11 Animated GIFs
- 12 Re: Wikipedia's 404 page
- 13 Login Throttle
- 14 MediaWiki & Wikimedia developers' days this fall
- 15 Sent bug
- 16 Mobile browser
- 17 RPED Deprecation of wfMsgExt to wfMessage and/or Deprecation of RPED Itself
- 18 إليك كأس شاي!
Thanks, and regards,
But there seem to be some problems with your contributions. I understand that you want to learn PHP and be helpful, but you probably should learn first, contribute to manual later, because you currently can't even tell <includeonly> from require_once. Let me advise you something: don't write a long and detailed plan while you still don't have the skills required to implement it. You've got to dive into web programming first. Take a PHP tutorial, read through Security for developers and Coding conventions, then try writing a simple extension. Don't even try writing RemotePageExistenceDetection yet, you will fail. First excersise yourself with something easier. Browsing Bugzilla for simple bugs and trying to fix them could also give you an opportunity to try real programming before starting a large project. Max Semenik 06:54, 24 February 2010 (UTC)
- And please don't try mw.org turn it into Wikipedia, it is completely different. Concentrate on things that are on-topic here, such as development. I'm ready to post another review of your extension, if you've finished. Max Semenik 06:24, 11 March 2010 (UTC)
Yes, the problem is that I want to change the URL, logo, favicon and want to allow sending of files in my wiki, and according to the manual, all this is done by editing the LocalSettings.php then need to find this file, and this file is in the config folder, but after installation, it's written that I should delete this folder to have total security (I have not erased). Mateus95860 01:39, 16 April 2010 (UTC)
- It did not work. I installed the version of MediaWiki 1.15.1 because the xampp php was not compatible as MediaWiki 1.15.3. The URL of my wiki was http://localhost/wiki/index.php/ARTICLESNAME, but when I added the follow code:
$wgScriptPath = "/w";
$wgArticlePath = "/wiki/$1";
$wgUsePathInfo = true;
It did not work, Is must have /index.php before the name of the article. I just want to change the URL of my wiki for http://MYWIKINAME.com/ARTICLESNAME or http://MYWIKINAME.com/wiki/ARTICLESNAME. Mateus95860 Cont. 04:16, 17 April 2010 (UTC)
- Hey, why my wiki is out of breath after a while? It is the third time this has happened and I have that create a new mediawiki folder, when I change the URL will change? Mateus95860 Cont. 15:51, 18 April 2010 (UTC)
What is Category:Wikipedia about?
I saw you added Extension:Widgets that I wrote and maintain, to Category:Wikipedia. What is this category for? Does it denote stuff that is used on Wikipedia? I have doubts about it, but please explain. Thank you, Sergey Chernyshev 16:01, 23 April 2010 (UTC)
- Hello, thanks for the recommendations. I got a host and subdomain. When I'll install MediaWiki, the following message appears:
In order to configure the wiki you have to make the config subdirectory writable by the web server. Once configuration is done you'll move the created LocalSettings.php to the parent directory, and for added safety you can then remove the config subdirectory entirely.
To make the directory writable on a Unix/Linux system:
cd /path/to/wiki chmod a+w config
Afterwards retry to start the setup.
- I solved the problem, but when I put
DB passwordalways gives something wrong, what can it be? Mateus95860 Cont. 03:10, 21 May 2010 (UTC)
Hi Tisane, I've replied to your comments on my extension. Thanks for your input!
I'm going to make a more comprehensive draft of what I'm planning with the EMP soon, so you might want to hold off all the suggestions until then :)
-- Jeroen De Dauw 17:54, 26 May 2010 (UTC)
Hi, I just realised that my guess was correct. :-) I was advised to file a bug for Nuke, but for reasons I would not like to explain, I will not do so. Perhaps you can have a look at it or pass the suggestion on. Of course you can leave it as is, since it is not critical. Time will find a solution anyway. Cheers --kgh 20:05, 26 May 2010 (UTC)
- Hello! Could you test my warning script please? importScript('User:Diego Grez/UserMessages.js'); Cheers. P.D. It just works on Vector, apparently. --Diego Grez return fire 18:24, 30 May 2010 (UTC)
- On your vector.js put
'Breadcrumbs' / Wikipedia
In case no one's gotten back to you about this yet: What you're observing aren't breadcrumbs but subpages. They ship with mediawiki these days and are automatically enabled for the User: and Talk: namespaces, but you'll need to change configuration to allow them for other namespaces. -pinkgothic 14:19, 8 June 2010 (UTC)
WTF? I've asked you multiple times not to write about things you don't have idea about. This may look harsh, but I've removed your editor flag, gonna check through your edits to find more things to fix. Sigh. Max Semenik 18:12, 22 June 2010 (UTC)
- I may have misinterpreted http://svn.wikimedia.org/doc/classDatabase.html#_details ... Tisane 22:28, 22 June 2010 (UTC)
- What do "yash" and "voke" mean? Tisane 17:34, 20 July 2010 (UTC)
Thanks & question
Thanks for the heads up about my extension's nomination for deletion. What is the protocol for dealing with the tag? (It's been there for a month, can it be removed or is there some process to go through?)
Thanks again --Shaiaqua 19:28, 23 June 2010 (UTC)
- OK, I'll do that. Also, should I be responding to talk page messages on my talk page or that of the sender? Thanks, --Shaiaqua 22:04, 23 June 2010 (UTC)
Re: Wikipedia's 404 page
Tisane, did you ever find a solution to that problem on the short url's talk page? I'm interested, as I'm having similar problems with my own mediawiki install. 301 redirects in the htaccess file are useless. DingoBlue 11:20, 23 September 2010 (UTC)
Check This Manual:$wgPasswordAttemptThrottle
JRWR / email@example.com
MediaWiki & Wikimedia developers' days this fall
Tisane, I'd like to invite you to come to the New Orleans Hackathon 2011. We're getting together folks like you -- template, script, tool, extension, and gadget writers -- to participate, give feedback, test, and hack with us.
At the event, MediaWiki developers and Wikimedia operations engineers will be working on Wikimedia's gadgets/extensions/tools support, authorization/authentication strategy, dev-ops virtualization, and general training and hacking. And we'll improve and discuss the Wikimedia Labs projects infrastructure and other stuff that makes it easier for anyone to supercharge Wikimedia with awesomeness.
The event is open to anyone who wants to come and contribute, and is an opportunity to spend time with senior MediaWiki developers & ops engineers, write beautiful code, and learn about the latest developments. We'll write code together, discuss the software, and hold little workshops.
If you can make it to New Orleans, Louisiana, USA, 14-16 October 2011, we'd love to have you. Please add your name to the attendees list.
(You additionally might be interested in the Brighton hackathon this fall.)
Thanks! mw:User:Sumanah (Volunteer Development Coordinator, Wikimedia Foundation)
Did you ever find a solution to the problem mentioned here:
I am finding that my mobile browser redirects as you describe even without shortened URLs...though I was using them.
I finally found my problem. MediaWiki:common.js which I had edited to add collapsible tables has a mobile redirect in it.
RPED Deprecation of wfMsgExt to wfMessage and/or Deprecation of RPED Itself
I've been trying to use the RPED extension but it errors out on wfMsgExt, which has been deprecated to wfMessage.
However, fixing the code isn't something I would like to take on if it has already been fixed somewhere, or if RPED, itself, is deprecated for some other MediaWiki extension or built-in feature.
إليك كأس شاي!
|شاي أفضل شيئ Khyati axraf (talk) 11:19, 26 October 2016 (UTC)|