This anti-harassment policy is mostly borrowed from the suggested policy at GeekFeminism.
Good one :-) - David Gerard 16:03, 12 January 2012 (UTC)
Looks good, covers the basics well. --brion 17:54, 12 January 2012 (UTC)
Amended following wikitech-l discussion. Diff : https://www.mediawiki.org/w/index.php?title=User:Sumanah/AHP&diff=484459&oldid=484387 Antoine "hashar" Musso 20:25, 12 January 2012 (UTC)
- Really? I would assume that someone who doesn't like to hear "Come on! It was just a joke!" with regard to "his gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, or religion" does experience the same pain when it comes to other topics. I'm not saying that this is your intention, but every policy extending over "Don't be a dick" will be read by some with the intention of finding the loopholes. --Tim Landscheidt 21:19, 12 January 2012 (UTC)
- Hashar, I think it's a terrible idea to try to create an exhaustive list of exemptions here, and have rolled back your edit. I'm not going to run an event where it's ok to literally harass someone about Subversion vs. git or MySQL vs. PostgreSQL. Disagreement is fine, harassment is not. Sumana Harihareswara, Wikimedia Foundation Volunteer Development Coordinator 21:50, 12 January 2012 (UTC)
- Yup sorry. Was trying to add a little fun to that :-) Antoine "hashar" Musso 23:34, 12 January 2012 (UTC)
Nationality and culture
I would add nationality and culture as race or religion are added. Or, if you want, ethnicity in a broader sense. I think this makes sense for a global project such as Wikimedia, with the idea of avoiding national stereotypes or prejudices. --Toniher 17:08, 13 January 2012 (UTC)
- Maybe political affiliation as well? --Varnent 23:05, 13 January 2012 (UTC)
- This is a good point. How far broad can we make this without being "no humor allowed." I've experienced and witnessed harassment that's been sexual in nature, and culturally offensive. I'm going to be fiddling with this for an upcoming GLAM conference that I'm co-planning. We'll see what comes out of it! SarahStierch 17:59, 16 January 2012 (UTC)
- Thanks all, I've added ethnicity + political affiliation after consulting with Legal. Sumana Harihareswara, Wikimedia Foundation Volunteer Development Coordinator 19:09, 20 January 2012 (UTC)
Finalised and moved to wikimediafoundation.org
Thanks for your feedback, all (here and on wikitech-l). See https://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Friendly_space_policy for the final version.