I can be contacted via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or leave me a message here.
- Uh, did you talk to the mentor of the project? Did you ask if he would accept you? Usually that is the first thing you have to do before applying. I would suggest going to the #mediawiki channel in IRC and asking the mentor about it. If you show him that you are the right person (maybe fixing a bug?), maybe he might consider your application.--Micru (talk) 01:22, 25 April 2013 (UTC)
"I am currently working as a Research Assistant, developing software aiding research in Bio-Informatics using Java, Hibernate, JSP, and Struts MVC framework. We plan on going open source as soon as our core structure is in working order."
Is there any way you could just release the source NOW? Every week you go without releasing the source really just makes it harder. Release early, release often, even if it's messy.
- Unfortunately, its not up to me. I have sent an email requesting to put up the code on github, lets see what happens. But I warn you its very very messy, no documentation at all, code all over the place.
- Rasel160 (talk) 03:14, 4 May 2013 (UTC)
- the code is up on github: https://github.com/rasel160/MiKinetic Rasel160 (talk) 18:07, 8 May 2013 (UTC)
Wikimedia in NYC
- Thanks! I have joined the mailing list, looking forward to the next meetup :) Rasel160 (talk) 18:11, 8 May 2013 (UTC)
GSoC / OPW IRC AllHands this week
Hi, you are invited to the GSoC / OPW IRC AllHands meeting on Wednesday, June 26, 2013 at 15:00 UTC (8:30pm IST, 8am PDT). We have done our best finding a time that works decently in as many timezones as possibles. Please confirm at qgilwikimedia.org so I can add you to the calendar invitation and I have your preferred email for other occasions. If you can't make it's fine, but let me know as well. Thank you!--Qgil (talk) 18:03, 24 June 2013 (UTC)
Wrapping up GSoC
Congratulations for your PASS! Now please wrap up your GSoC project properly:
- Update the related Bugzilla report(s) accordingly, filing reports for known bugs when appropriate.
- Publish your wrap up post at wikitech-l (as en email or a blog post) and then add the URL to Mentorship_programs/status#2013-09-monthly.
Take a break and celebrate. You deserve it! We hope to see you sticking around, extending your project or joining new tasks. If you need advice please check with your mentors or myself. I will be happy to help you in whatever I can!--Qgil (talk) 21:15, 1 October 2013 (UTC)